[Solved] fantastico wordpress install fatal error

rightMoves

hi there,

domain: sashasofer.com

username: rightmov

i just signed up with helio and my domain is now up. thank you.

the first thing i did after login into cpanel was to attempt to install

wordpress using fantastico.

after filling out the form on the first page and hitting submit

this is the error i got:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 71 bytes) in /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/fantastico//includes/enc_check.inc.php on line 378

i did a research on this forum and found that this issue

need to dealt with by the root admin.

please advice. thanks. :)

Try installing again when the server load isn't as high.

Are there regular periods of the day where the server load isn't high? I've been trying to install OSCommerce for two days with the same message that rightMoves got.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 8388608 bytes) in /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/fantastico//includes/enc_check.inc.php on line 378

I just tried installing Drupal and got the same error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 8388608 bytes) in /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/fantastico//includes/enc_check.inc.php on line 378

This is the second attempt; first one was yesterday afternoon around 5-ish EDT. Is this load-related or is there god-like intervention needed?

Unfortunately, the latter. cPanel likes to reset its internal php.ini file every once in a while.

Go ahead and try now.

Hmm...sounds like you need a Cron Job to check once an hour to make sure the php.ini file matches what it is supposed to match. If it doesn't match, it changes it to your last configuration.

I don't think it happens often enough to warrant that. Furthermore, your suggestion would be dangerous if cPanel needs to change any options in its php.ini.

If I start seeing these threads pop up more than one every couple of months, I'll implement a cron'd regex search/replace with sed on cPanel's php.ini.