The Nintendo Revolution's REAL name.

Wii. that's the name. The Nintendo Wii. Pronounced 'we'. a little odd i'll admit. the news was just anounced this morning. why was it named that?

While the code-name Revolution expressed our direction, Wii represents the answer. Wii will break down that wall that seperates videogame players from everybody else. Wii will put people more in touch with their games... and each other. But you're probably asking: What does the name mean?

Wii sounds like "we," which emphasizes the console is for everyone. Wii can easily be remembered by people around the world, no matter what language they speak. No confusion. No need to abbreviate. Just Wii.

Wii has a distinctive "ii" spelling that symbolizes both the unique controllers and the image of people playing it. And Wii, as a name and a console, brings something revolutionary to the world of videogames that sets it apart from the crowd.

So that's Wii. But now Nintendo needs you. Because it's really not about you or me. It's about Wii. And together, Wii will change everything.

and if you put in 'we' for 'wii', it almost sounds like a conspiracy or something...

discuss the new name here. do you like it or not. why. etc.

Source

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
great way to already [bleeped!] up the revolution sales before it even comes out

The Wii fits Nintendo's image :P

They're right about the "no need for abbreviation", fer once, we don't need to. Even the SNES was an acronym. Too bad the XBox was first.

• 3 weeks later...

I hadn't really heard of this!!

Now my Nintendo DS will be Nintendo WII DS; right!!

[bleeped!] no. the ds is the handheld, the wii is the system.

Not again!! I got it wrong again??? <_<

Shhh!! Anyways I am happy DS will be DS only :)