[Solved] Huge downtimes in the last few days on Johnny

MardukCorp

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes actually, we do have a way. The administrators are equipped with a tool that shows who is creating the most server load, meaning we can then suspend them if it is too high. I can only do this when Johnny is online though...

Looks like Johnny's been offline for an unusually long period... :(

Still offline. I was so pleased to get a host that actually worked (without redirecting me to some silly website) but it's a shame about the downtime. I can't switch to Stevie either because it's full.

This may be something else than usually. But I may be wrong, of course.

FTP and cPanel is accessible, only HTTP on port 80 is not. cPanel reports practically no server load, but memory usage is surprisingly high (especially swap) as for the server that do almost nothing.

Additionally - which for me is the main factor that it's something different this time, but I may be wrong, of course - the nameserver (located physically on the same server) has stopped to respond for DNS queries on the 64.62.211.131 IP, the one assigned to ns1 subdomain. It does respond on .132, on .133, it does respond on .134, so it works, but does not respond on .131 IP.