[Solved] My suggestion: more ads

flyinghigh

Advertisements Poll  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you could show an page with a big ad when you visit the site.

And you need (to wait and ) click a continue button to see the forum.

And about Brother Hassan's idea: an ad every 2 post, wouldn't that be a bit TO much?

And about Brother Hassan's idea: an ad every 2 post, wouldn't that be a bit TO much?

I don't mean an ad to every post :P That would be impossible because Adsense has a max of 3 ads per page. I meant 1 ad between 2 random posts :)

Kind of like a Post2Host kind of thing? HelioHost used to do this with Helions, but then it was stopped. Don't know why.

Nah ...

Rather extra benefits for posting :)

i don't mean to offer for visitors. Create some interesting topics. if you want suggestion, i will search and get the most interesting topics.

I guess, the problem is not topics but rather the lack of people who will participate in them ...

We're good on money right now... a couple thousand in the bank. The problem is more that servers require time to configure and buying more and more servers is not a scalable solution to our uptime woes.

We're good on money right now... a couple thousand in the bank. The problem is more that servers require time to configure and buying more and more servers is not a scalable solution to our uptime woes.

Hire someone perhaps ...

But I guess your the boss. So whats the solution to the uptime woes if there is any ?

Ehm, I don't see any ads on Helionet or cPanel. I don't mind that I don't see ads, but maybe the code should be reviewed.

My opinion: Put another vertical ad on HelioHost in the right sidebar (it's just blank now). I don't like ads between the forum posts, I find them very annoying. Also, a post2host system would be bad. I doubt it will make a forum more lively, it will just flood it with spam. And such a system would be a kind of going against the whole idea of Heliohost (for as far as I can see (Professional webhosting with a twist? I haven't seen any professional hosting with a post2host system)). Currently, the only drawback of Heliohost is the downtime.

Ehm, I don't see any ads on Helionet or cPanel. I don't mind that I don't see ads, but maybe the code should be reviewed.

At the top of HelioNet, above the Intentional Grammar Warning, there is a Google AdSense ad. Also, below the cPanel logo, there is a Google AdSense ad. Maybe you have AdBlock on?