Extended Downtime

Guest xaav

We apologize for the recent and ongoing downtime of Stevie. We are currently working to bring Stevie back up again. However, we have determined that there may be significant corruption of the server, causing an extended period of downtime. This means that our root administrator will have to investigate and resolve the cause of the downtime before we will be able to bring Stevie back into service.

At this point in time, it is difficult to predict when Stevie will be back online, but hopefully it will be relatively soon. Again, we apologize for this extended downtime and hope to restore Stevie into working condition as soon as possible.

• Like 2

Hello,

I have read announcement from you guys regarding the extended downtime on Stevie. Since there is nothing I can do to ease the pain, can you guys tell me is our data intact and secure? Also is it possible to get a backup of our data. I know its sound difficult since you guys will have to UP the server first to start the FTP service. But my main concern right now is the data stored. As like most of us I haven't took a backup (wasn't ready for this sort of downtime).

Please respond ASAP

Regards,

Navaid Farooqui

From what I have seen the admins post in previous threads, they do not make backups for individuals.

Hmm... Yeah i know ... We normally should create backup ourselves. Actually that's not my point. From the admin's post regarding extended downtime, it says something about part of the server being corrupted. And from the HelioHost Server Monitor, now its not showing the Disk Info meaning the server is completely down now (DISCONNECTED) not only the services running on it... anyway to get back to the point since part of the server is corrupted, what about our data? Is it secure? intact or is there a possibility that it may also have been damaged?

Total speculation here but from what I have been reading, it seems that they have not been able to get in touch with djbob. Wouldn't it be something if this whole time he was just taking a Thanksgiving holiday and the server just needed to be rebooted.

If the problem is anything more serious than a reboot then I would say there is a distinct possibility of corrupt data.

Hmm... Yeah i know ... We normally should create backup ourselves. Actually that's not my point. From the admin's post regarding extended downtime, it says something about part of the server being corrupted. And from the HelioHost Server Monitor, now its not showing the Disk Info meaning the server is completely down now (DISCONNECTED) not only the services running on it... anyway to get back to the point since part of the server is corrupted, what about our data? Is it secure? intact or is there a possibility that it may also have been damaged?

There will probably be NO loss of data when Stevie comes back online. Ever since I have joined HelioNet, I have only witnessed a loss of data affect 2 accounts, therefore it is extremely unlikely that any loss of data will occur.

The support admins cannot access Stevie right now, and migrating everyone on Stevie would take quite a long time and seriously decrease Johnny's performance. Therefore I do not believe that this would be possible, plus we would probably be able to fix stevie before getting that finished.

Hi.

I hope ya'll had a great Thanksgiving.

I was just thinking. I keep getting these emails that say my ACH transfer has been cancelled or rejected. But I didn't make any transfer. They're viruses. They always come with an attachment for you to open that appears to hold additional information. I filter them out and delete them. I noticed that when I ignored them, they increased in number. They come infrequently in a little wave. The last batch I saw was just before stevie went down. A couple of years ago these same types of email were saying they were from the post office. I downloaded one and opened it and lost my computer. So now I know better but what if other users are actually opening these attachments in webmail and unleashing these viruses on the whole system? As I use my account more, I also notice I start to get alot of email from Russia. Don't know anybody over there. How'd I get on their list? This also happened before I lost my other computer. It wouldn't be from my own email contacts. It only happens in cPanel. I think we have been targeted by haters. Anyway, I hope any of this is helpful to finding the cause of stevie's problems.

Much peace and love for your holidays.