What Is Your Favorite Php/text Editor?

So I want to hear, what is your favorite PHP/Text Editor?

I personally use PHP Designer 8 which is an IDE and supports full PHP5, HTML5, and CSS3. To see all it's features and screenshots here is the link http://www.mpsoftware.dk/phpdesigner_features.php. What I personally like about this editor is that I can customize it's highlighting, and of course it provides organized tools to handle certain situations and debugging. It also has php and the tools to actually test run the script locally.

I also use Notepad++ in certain situations but most of my work is produced using Php Designer 8.

So what is your favorite editor?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only started learning php recently so have never actually used an editor other than the code editor built in to cpanel !

It's possible I'm being short sighted here but anything more advanced than notepad or the basic editor that comes as standard just seems to me to be a little over the top. I guess the main reason is that I like to keep things simple and having just a small lap top I also don't cherish the idea of squeezing more programs on to the desktop than is absolutely necessary.

Apart from that, I've found learning by trial and error, looking up the error messages that php/mysql throws out to have been quite a useful experience. I also have to wonder just how up to date these editors are. Having just taught myself one way to use mysql for example I read that some of the functions are being deprecated eventually in favour of PDO.

It was annoying having to relearn everything I'd taken a considerable time to get just right but by using just a basic code editor it wasn't too stressfull replacing the old syntax with the new.

You have got me wondering now though. I hope lots of people answer your question as it might make me consider giving another editor a try.

Edited by f1p2

Me too Notepad ++ and dream weaver cs3

Me too Notepad ++ and dream weaver cs3

Dream weave cs3 has some additional features like it can manage the whole site and give a live preview, but it is a bit costly i bought at the time of Christmas.

• 4 weeks later...

I use 2 computers one Mac book and A desktop with linix mint.

since dream weaver cannot be run on Linux i use Notepad ++.

Some how i bought a $1000 program from adobe so i use it in my mac.it leaves me no choice

I use 2 computers one Mac book and A desktop with linix mint.

since dream weaver cannot be run on Linux i use Notepad ++.

Some how i bought a $1000 program from adobe so i use it in my mac.it leaves me no choice

Did you try Dream weaver with WINE ?

i tried but there was some problem with the licence and also some time it used to get stuck when i tryed to save and i have lost so many time since all the codes i typed or edited got lost, since adobe dream weaver cs4 dose't have crash recovery so i decided to use the best open source i.e notepad ++.

i tried but there was some problem with the licence and also some time it used to get stuck when i tryed to save and i have lost so many time since all the codes i typed or edited got lost, since adobe dream weaver cs4 dose't have crash recovery so i decided to use the best open source i.e notepad ++.

http://wiki.winehq.org/AdobeDreamweaver

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=7694

If you want to use Dreamwever perhaps these may help.