Stevie Down

anush

I believe that Alexa is counting unique visitors and not how many times website is visited, otherwise many website owners would try to bump their websites by visiting it by themselves, this technique is useless, though. So there have to be more people in India that visits my websites. Of course only people with Alexa toolbar are counted and not that many people have it (I don't have it and I won't have it), so Alexa ranking is very approximate for domains out of the top 100 000 (global) and much close to true only for top 1 000 (global) in my opinion.

Ohhh, I see. So a huge website having no visitors with the Alexra toolbar would have a low rank, right ?

Think about it as about some kind of opinion poll.

And as every one of these it has some margin of error.

I do not know what this margin of error is for Alexa, but let's suppose it's 0.1%.

At the moment google.com is visited - according to Alexa for 3 months period of time - by 49.43% of global internet users. So either if it's 49.33% or 49.53% - the margin of error doesn't mean much, google.com will still be number 1 in Alexa ranking.

On the other hand grd.net.pl is visited - according to Alexa - by 0.00041% of global internet users, so in this case the margin of error will make a huge difference.

Think about it as about some kind of opinion poll.

And as every one of these it has some margin of error.

I do not know what this margin of error is for Alexa, but let's suppose it's 0.1%.

At the moment google.com is visited - according to Alexa for 3 months period of time - by 49.43% of global internet users. So either if it's 49.33% or 49.53% - the margin of error doesn't mean much, google.com will still be number 1 in Alexa ranking.

On the other hand grd.net.pl is visited - according to Alexa - by 0.00041% of global internet users, so in this case the margin of error will make a huge difference.

Ohhh, I see, Thanks for your help :)