More Johnny Issues

HelioHost

When it rains it pours, I suppose. Johnny, who always wants to be the center of attention, seems to be at it again. This time cPanel access stopped working for all users whose accounts are located on Johnny, and php seemed to work on some accounts but not others. Also mail service, and FTP also seems to be down for all accounts. At this time we don't have a lot of information to report, but know that it should go without saying that the Heliohost administrators are devoting all of their time towards getting Johnny up and fully functional again. We already have plans that are currently in action that we are hopefully will resolve all of the issues, but it will probably require considerable downtime before everything is fixed. We're hopeful that Johnny will stop throwing tantrums and begin behaving nicely soon.

• Like 1

Hello Admins,

Seems like a tough nut to crack, and johnny's in a serious mess!

2 days after, can you give us any update / estimate / clues about the situation?

Is there any way to get files off the downed server? Is there risk of data loss?

Most important for me: What happens to mail that should have been received or forwarded?

Thanks,

Asher

My only concern is: If it does take quite a while to get Johnny back up and running; we can not login through cpanel. With that being said, because your account will be deleted after so long, what happens?

Accounts are not and will not be deleted or suspended on Johnny until after he has been back online and stable for a while.

Perhaps it is not a software problem but a hardware problem instead it could be that a some hardware damaged during the update, and thats what keeping johnny from responding or maybe a virus infected the server while it was updating keeping it from operating properly

I would take a look at the hardware first than scan the server for any worms, virus or any type of infection, and if you find nothing than you should take a look at the system logs.