[Solved] Johnny Server Down

arod1979

Hi,

I have been trying to do some web dev for my site on johnny, but it seems to very often be completely down. i see that it is down as it is indicated on heliohost.org, where there is a red check mark beside the server name. this results in me not being able to log into my cpanel or access my files on the web server. i have another accoutn on stevie, which works fine, but i wanted a server that provides mono. why is this happening so often with johnny?

thanks,

allan

i have an account on johnny which i cannot access because johnny has been down so often. i can see that johnny is down as it is indicated with a red check mark on helihost.org. i also cannot log into to my cpanel account and the page never loads as a result of the web server not responding in time for my page not to timeout. i do not have this problem with my account on stevie, however i wanted an account which offered mono. why is johnny down so much? will this continue to be the case?

thanks,

allan

i do not have this problem with my account on stevie

You know you're only allowed to have one account unless you request permission to have one account on Stevie and one account on Johnny and have a good reason for needing them both, right? I don't see any requests in your post history...

This downtime was caused by a malicious user named Eduardoh, and a perl script that he wrote to try to crash the server. You can thank him yourself.