[Solved] Fsockopen / Port Open Request

souravndp

Do you allow fsockopen on stevie? maybe some ports are blocked. :-( please help me to sort out my problem. Can I PM any admin about the actual port I need (maybe ports are blocked for security reasons. So I didn't post the actual port)? I can explain. It is Important. Thank you.

Warning : fsockopen()

[ function.fsockopen ]: unable to

connect to foo.bar.com:1234

(Connection timed out) in /home1/

souravin/public_html/foobar in line 1234

That error is normal. Most ports are blocked for security reasons, and we generally won't open them unless you have a legitimate reason. Do note that the odds of getting a port opened are quite low.

In many cases, the first solution is to try reconfiguring whatever it is you are trying to connect to so that it listens on a common port that's not blocked. I know a few people on here run game servers on web ports like 443 or 8080 for this exact reason.

Feel free to explain in this topic what port you need and why you think it should be opened. Please try to avoid PMs, as it makes it more difficult for us to help you. A PM can only be read by one person, and multiple admins and moderators may wish to read your post. If there's a reason you don't want it posted publicly, PM me and I can post it so only mods and admins can see it.

I need fsockopen to connect to "chat.facebook.com:5222".

I am building a facebook application which needs to connect to facebook xmpp chat server. 5222 is their port.

In official documentation of facebook, They also implemented it by fsockopen(). As, I know little about php, I have no idea if I can implement this by any other method than fsocksopen.

It is worth mentioning that like facebook and heliohost, me too take spam very seriously and I assure you that I will never use this service for spam.

Please do not open a second topic for the same issue. Merged.

Anyway, it may take a while before someone can look at this. Krydos is usually the one who handles this sort of thing; I'm not sure if the others can do it. I'll escalate it for you.