[Solved] Point Domain To Ns2

masrafas

Hello,

I want to point my domain to ns2.heliohost.org but i can't because the target DNS server is not properly configured ( the message from my domain name registrar).

Can you create the SOA record in ns2.heliohost.org?

Username: masrafas

Server: Stevie

Domain: numerydopuszczen.pl

An admin will need to look into the SOA record issue, but I wouldn't be surprised if the issue is actually because NS2 is down a lot.

It's hosted on the same server as Johnny and is often impacted by the load Johnny creates. The server monitor seems to indicate that it something's been wrong with it for a while. In the mean time, your website should work fine with just NS1.

When I do a dig I'm seeing an SOA only for NS1. Whether that's because NS2 is down or because the SOA record just doesn't exist, I don't know. Either way, an admin will need to fix the issue with NS2.

For the time being, contact the registrar and ask them to set the NS for you, telling them that your host only provides one (working) NS. We've had at least 1 other person with the same issue, and they were able to set it up by contacting the registrar.

Alternately, you could create an A record to 216.218.192.170 instead. You already have your domain set as your Heliohost account's main domain, so this should work without any additional configuration.

• Like 1