Mysql Help

paladox2014

hi today I tried delting my MySQL database to try and re do the set up of them one of them deleted and the other one is deleted and it shows that I doint have my MySQL databse any more but when go to phpmyadmin it shows that paladox_pt-br is still there but on my account it doesent I would like it deleted please

account details are

website random-wikisaur.tk/

server stevie

username paladox

That'd be a half-dropped database. It's related to Stevie's mysql issues. cPanel deletes it from your list of databases, but mysql then crashes trying to drop it. The result is cPanel thinking it's gone, and mysql still having it.

I have 3 of these half-gone databases in my account from when I created new ones to convert to MyISAM tables. I can't get rid of them, and several others on here have reported the same.

The solution seems to be to just ignore them until the mysql issues are fixed (who knows when that will be...).

Because doing that type of stuff is not nearly as easy as it sounds when you have hundreds of users on the server. The server is not like your typical PC and is not nearly as easy to maintain or rebuild as a PC is. Rebuilding the bare system and your data would take days of downtime for thousands of websites, and getting everything back the way it was configuration-wise could take weeks or months of continuous tweaking. Besides, if we made and used backups, they'd restore these half-deleted databases.

Once mysql is working properly, an admin can remove them for you.

We won't upgrade mysql because it's broken and an upgrade might make the problem worse. It may be upgraded in the future. If you need a newer version for some reason, Johnny has MySQL 5.5 that isn't damaged. PHP will likely not be upgraded to latest because PHP 5.5 is not backward-compatible with a lot of programs due to function deprecation. We might get 5.4 at some point, but I don't know when that would be.