[Solved] I Have Two Problems In My Host (Database, Ftp)

lionking

[First problem - Database]

I have a database named lionking_testdatabase, I've deleted with its username from MySQL Databases in cpanel, but when I open phpMyAdmin I find it is still exist with its table, although that has been deleted from MySQL Databases in cpanel.

Note: this database has a table its type InnoDB

Also If you can delete it please do so.

Also sometimes not a few I lose the connection to database and give me this message (The server is not responding (or the local MySQL server's socket is not correctly configured)

[second problem - FTP]

I cannot connect with my host via FTP, always does not want to connect with my host via FTP and give me this message all time (Delaying for 30 seconds before next attempt...) also another message (Unable to connect to mysite.com within 3 attempts) , I have make sure all data is alright, username , password everything is alright , but does not want to connect.

I have this problem since long period.

My username : lionking

The database issue has no fix right now. Just ignore the extra database in phpmyadmin. Once Stevie's MySQL is fixed, an admin will need to drop it for you.

The FTP issue sounds like either you using the wrong host, or port 21 being blocked on your end. What settings are you using (host and username)?

Good to see the FTP issue is cleared up.

As for the database issues, the connection issue and inability to drop databases are all related to the crash Stevie experienced in February. Unless you want to move to johnny, there is currently no fix for any of them. You will need to not use innodb, ignore the extra databases that won't drop, and tolerate the MySQL server downtime.

About moving to johnny server:

There are any problems or high server load occur in johnny server or has many persons hosted on it ?

Summary of my speech is the johnny server currently is better than Stevie server ?

Note: the Stevie server in the past was excellent in speed and it was not has any problems, but currently its speed ​​became slow, and has many problems. (what a loss)

Johnny is really slow or down a lot, usually due to excess load. Uptime is only like 80-85% compared to Stevie's 99+%. Johnny is often down multiple times per day. If you check the server monitor site, you can see the difference in load and uptime.

It's due to the fact we offer more features on it, allow each user to use more resources, and have more users in general on it since the sign ups aren't limited. On the upside, MySQL isn't broken on Johnny.

If you need any kind if reliability or uptime, which it sounds like you do, do NOT move to Johnny.