[Solved] This Is Embarrasing: Please Unsuspend Again [Ufni]

heycm

http://www.helionet.org/index/topic/18855-please-unsuspend-sorry-correcting-it-on-homeufnidisloyalconsumer/

So, I'm attempting to upload and it shuts me off again.

This upload will redirect traffic from the assumed problem.

Please actually be descriptive: which script is causing the high load?

Please help, and again, all apologies.

I have not used anything but the /home/ufni/tpb/proxy.php -- if others were using the /home/ufni/disloyalconsumer/index.php, I am currently trying to upload to remove access from that script.

Please LMK if this (disloyalconsumer/index.php) is not the issue.

Thank you again,

Michael

tpb = the pirate bay?

That's what I was thinking too...we do not condone nor allow our resources to be used to commit piracy, so it should removed if that's the case.

Either way, proxies in general are a common source of high load. I'd recommend that you not run a proxy on our servers especially since there are thousands of them already in existence.

I haven't actually checked whether tpb stands for thepiratebay in this case because it doesn't really matter. Most likely it does, but the pirate bay is just a tool like any other. Just because it has the word 'pirate' in its name doesn't necessarily mean that the only thing it can be used for is piracy. Just because someone owns a gun doesn't automatically make them a murderer. Just because someone owns a lighter doesn't make them an arsonist. Just because someone visits thepiratebay or any other torrent site doesn't automatically mean they are violating copyright law. If copyright infringement is occurring then that is illegal, and it is against our ToS.

That said, proxies do cause ridiculous amounts of load, and they are probably the number one reason why accounts get suspended for high load. The sensitivity for high load suspensions is higher on Stevie (to keep his uptime nice and high), but if you insist on running a proxy you might have better luck moving your account to Johnny where you're less likely to get suspended.