[Answered] Error Establishing A Database Connection

trutinel

The database server is up on Stevie at the moment.

Did you change something recently? Check your configuration to make sure the username and password are correct, and verify that the database user is assigned in cPanel.

My website is working fine(also on Stevie, and also Wordpress).

Try to follow these steps:-

1. Create a new user for MYSQl in cPanel and grant required priviligies for wordpress to work to the DB.

2. Change the name of the user and the password of the user in the wp-config.php file via the file manager in cPanel.

3. Also check the Database name in wp-config.php file.

4. After updating the user/password in the wp-config.php your website should work fine. :D

Had happened to me once, all the priviligies granted to the user were lost, and granting the user the rights did the work for me :D

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
My website is working fine(also on Stevie, and also Wordpress). Try to follow these steps:- 1. Create a new user for MYSQl in cPanel and grant required priviligies for wordpress to work to the DB. 2. Change the name of the user and the password of the user in the wp-config.php file via the file manager in cPanel. 3. Also check the Database name in wp-config.php file. 4. After updating the user/password in the wp-config.php your website should work fine. :D/> Had happened to me once, all the priviligies granted to the user were lost, and granting the user the rights did the work for me :D/>

Thanks yashrs.

Guidelines worked for me.

Cheers!!!

• Like 1