[Solved] Suddenly Can't Send Or Receive Email! Please Help!

nightbyrd

My website is up but suddenly I can't send or receive email. Tried sending a test email via webmail and got the following error message:

Message not sent. Server replied:

Connection refused

111 Can't open SMTP stream.

Everything was still working fine last night.

My Helionet username is cloudcab, URL is cloud29cab.com and server is Stevie.

Please HELP!

I'm having a similar problem. I was able to send and receive from Gmail and Yahoo, however not to/from my work email. I (of course) checked the wiki, support, and started research to see what I could do on my own.

I've theorized that there could be an issue with:

1. domain verification

2. DS records, reverse DNS, MX records

3. Mail ports (port 25 doesn't seem to be working)

DNSstuff is reporting 2 issues for my domain:

1. Reverse DNS entries for MX Servers:

One or more addresses referenced by MX records do not have a matching reverse DNS entry. This can cause problems for mail deliverability for these servers. Some mail platforms will not accept or will delay email coming from mismatched addresses. The addresses without matching reverse DNS entries are:

65.19.143.3 has mail.goldrushchapter.org. | 216.218.192.170 listed.

65.19.143.3 has goldrushchapter.org. | 216.218.192.170 listed.

2. Connect to mail server:

All connections to Mailservers port 25 have failed. The standard port for SMTP transactions is 25, so your servers should be operating on that port. It is recommended that it be fixed in order for your mail service to operate properly. The Mail Servers that failed are:

65.19.143.2 | failed message send with: failed cx open with: failed socket connect with: Connection refused

216.218.192.170 | failed message send with: failed cx open with: failed socket connect with: Connection refused

216.218.192.170 | failed message send with: failed cx open with: failed socket connect with: Connection refused

Sorry, guys. I've spent a lot of time trying to solve the issue myself. My other domain is having a similar issue and unable to configure a client for either domain, using stevie, the indicated ports and 'SSL (accept all certificates)'. The SMTP setup reports "Unable to connect to email server to verify your account information. No response from server.'