Is It Heliodown.org ?

To175

Hi,

:(

Why are there down times everyday please (before yesterday, yesterday, and tody (10h + 16h) ?

Why first both my website and sub-domain are down and then only my sub-domain (but not my site!) ? (while heliohost down)

Thanks

The main reason is because our nameservers keep failing. NS2 hasn't worked in over 6 months, and NS1 goes down a lot (it was down earlier today for ~1 hour). Much of the downtime is when both NS's become unavailable. If you're on Johnny, then it's even worse since he frequently goes down from high load as well.

I find it frustrating too. :( The good news is that there's been some talk about much-needed server upgrades in recent weeks. It'll probably be a little while before we get anything, but we're definitely considering it.

You might want to consider setting up cloudflare in the meantime...that way a cached version of your site will be available even if we're down.

<p>Thanks :)</p>

<p>I have did it with CloudFlare, but I am newbie :o what is this, What can I do with CloudFlare, why this is good ?</p>

<p>Why Cloud Flare ask me that ?</p>

<div class="msg">"Finishing up. Waiting for your name servers to change to <b>carl.ns.cloudflare.com</b> and <b>elaine.ns.cloudflare.com</b>. Please allow OVH up to 24 hours to complete this process (<a class="modal-link-faq muted" tabindex="1">info</a>)"</div>

<div class="msg">What that will do ?</div>

Cloudflare has the ability to cache your site. You won't be able to use any applications (e.g. post to a forum, edit blog, etc.), but content like normal web pages and existing blog posts will still be available. When we are down, the public will see a slightly-outdated version of your site instead of an error message.

You might want to create a new topic asking how to set up CloudFlare correctly. I don't use it myself, so I can't explain the procedure, but I know there's at least one other moderator here who knows a bit more about it than I do.

Ok thanks,

and other thing, do you know how to run pyhton on website ? I have created a post here but nobody answer :(

thx

Ho, I see for name servers...

But why they ask me to change that and what this will do if I change ? i will not loose my content on the ns servers ?

NS1.HELIOHOST.ORG

> carl.ns.cloudflare.com

NS2.HELIOHOST.ORG

> elaine.ns.cloudflare.com

I have added > carl.ns.cloudflare.com and > elaine.ns.cloudflare.com

I have to delete NS1.HELIOHOST.ORG and NS2.HELIOHOST.ORG ?

Thanks, very strange, it works / doesn't work O.o

I have 2 SRV : Mecraft.Fr and location.mecraft.fr

I can't connect to both, very long to load then "can't connect to server" BUT 1 or 2 time it was Ok for mecraft.fr :o so I tried and I could connect ! But when I disconnected and refresh, there was no signal...

• If I create SRV in OVH panel is it enough ?

• Can I add ns1 and ns2 in ovh dns ? Like that I will have the 2 of heliohost and the 2 of cloudflare ! Is it possible ? What will happen ?