Jnlp File Fails To Launch Java Application

10techieseek

Hi HelioHost,

username: logica10

domain: softwhiz.co.uk

server: stevie

I have a Java application that I want to run from my website using a JNLP (Java Network Launch Protocol) file.

The problem appears to be that the Stevie web server is serving JNLP files as text/html rather than the correct MIME type of application/x-java-jnlp-file and as a result the following error message is displayed in the browser:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

The above message is followed by the content of the JNLP file.

The Java Application launches and runs fine on my local computer with Java Web Start.

Is it possible that you could add the content-type strings for the server config. for content types that will allow JNLP files to be recognised on Stevie?

Thank you.

Hi HelioNet,

JNLP or PHP exec() function

If it's not possible or is a security risk to have a Java Application run on Stevie can either of the following be done on Johnny?

1) Launch of Java Application through JNLP file.

2) Launch of Java Application through PHP exec() function.

I am aware that the drawback to moving to Johnny is that the server is less stable than Stevie. At this time of writing the HelioHost home page is showing Johnny Server Status with a cross.

Thank you.

JNLP and exec() do two different things. Exec runs something on the server, and the other is just a text file that tells a client's java runtime to launch a specified applet on the client. Exec() is disabled for security reasons.

Perhaps try defining the mime type for a jnlp file: http://stevie.heliohost.org:2082/frontend/x3/mime/mime.html

JNLP and exec() do two different things. Exec runs something on the server, and the other is just a text file that tells a client's java runtime to launch a specified applet on the client. Exec() is disabled for security reasons.

Perhaps try defining the mime type for a jnlp file: http://stevie.helioh.../mime/mime.html

Defining the mime type within my cPanel has solved the problem. It was thought that this had be done centrally by Web Server administrator. There is a Mime Types option within the Advanced category at the end of cPanel where you can add types for your web space.

Thank you.