Question About Php.ini

sgs

I've create a php file named "lint_php.php" which need to call the passthru() function. But after calling the passthru() function, I'm getting the following error message from php:

Warning: passthru() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/sgs/public_html/admin_tools/lint_php.php on line 12

So, I've created a php.ini file to enable the passthru() function on the "/home/sgs/public_html/" folder and as well as on the same directory where my "lint_php.php" file is located, and also I've created a ".htaccess" with following contents to set the config path. The content of htaccess:

RewriteEngine On

SuPHP_ConfigPath /home/sgs/public_html/

but it still giving the error message listed above at first. So I want to know that, how to fix the problem... Please help me as soon as possible.

We disabled the ability to change or override anything in php.ini. Passthru will not work here because we don't allow server commands (it's basically exec with the output being returned...)

If your software requires this to work, you'll need to find another host.

No. These functions are disabled for a reason. If we let people use their own php.ini, they'd do things like enable passthru and exec (security risk, not to mention load...imagine if people used it to start things like game servers), turn up the memory limit (which would make the server slow for everyone else since they'd be hogging the RAM), or disable the script timeout (they'd run scripts that take minutes or hours, hogging the CPU).

You cannot override the limits and restrictions, nor can you provide your own php.ini.

You need to find software that does not rely on passthru, exec, or any similar function that runs commands on the server.