Update Postgresql On Johnny

paladox2014

Hi please update PostgreSQL on johnny. I ask because mediawiki only support PostgreSQL 8.3 or higher not 8.1. whereas it is supported on stevie please update it. I may not use but others do and I have asked for upgrades in the past but this has to be updated to be able to support mediawiki current version. Please see https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Compatibility#Browser_support_matrix for compatibility.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We don't generally upgrade this stuff for stability reasons. We only upgrade to whatever version comes with cPanel, so whenever that gets upgraded (rarely), this gets upgraded. I tell you this every single time.

An interesting fact: I help people who use other hosts, both free and paid, and our software on Johnny is actually *newer* than what many of those are running. What's running on Stevie is what I find with most companies (though some still use PHP 5.2...)

We understand that you want it, but you're just one of over 1500 users, and we're not going to make major server-wide (and likely account-breaking) changes for one person. It'll likely be upgraded whenever cPanel gets upgraded, probably not sooner.