500 Internal Server Error When Accessing Login Page Of Wordpress

zooter80

Pretty sure this is some server issue as I haven't changed anything recently on my website. The website itself is accessible at www.jaldireviews.com

Maybe some DB access issue???

More details below:

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@www.jaldireviews.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. Apache/2.2.16 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.16 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_wsgi/3.3 Python/2.7.1 Server at www.jaldireviews.com Port 80

Update:

Now trying to access the wordpress login page @ www.jaldireviews.com/wp-admin gives me the 500 error

Previously it was displaying the login page, but when I give username and password it took a long time and displayed the 500 error

Update:

Something wrong with the plugins

manually disabled all of my plugins by following this instruction:

Use phpMyAdmin

• In the table wp_options, under the option_name column (field) find the active_plugins row
  • Change the option_value field to: a:0:{}

If you can't figure out how get around phpMyAdmin, I would imagine GoDaddy support could at least help with that.

Another method for manually disabling plugins is described here: http://codex.wordpress.org/FAQ_Troubleshooting#How_to_deactivate_all_plugins_when_not_able_to_access_the_administrative_menus.3F

After I disabled the plugins with this method, I was able to login to my wp-admin. I activated my plugins one at a time and logged out after each one until I found the culprit. In my case it was WordPress Mobile, but I imagine this could happen from time to time with other plugins as well.

Hope this helps.

Taken from https://wordpress.org/support/topic/500-internal-server-error-wp-admin-only