[Solved] Cron Job Suspension Script Malfunctioning? A lot of suspensions for exactly 28 Jobs...

wolstech

I've noticed a lot of these today...mostly for 28 jobs (a few are for 56...which is 28*2, one of these is still suspended since the user hasn't posted). Even I got suspended for 28 jobs that never existed...I haven't touched my cron since March of last year (when I set up one job once a day)

I find it a bit odd that numerous unrelated users are being suspended for exactly 28 jobs. All affected accounts are on Stevie too. Is the suspension script malfunctioning?

• Like 1

Thanks for noticing this and letting me know about it. Whenever I write a script that has as much power as suspending an account automatically I test it very thoroughly. This cron script I actually started writing in March 2013. After almost a year of using it manually, and verifying the results to be legitimate I automated it on January 18th 2014. Still I continued to manually check the accounts it was suspending from time to time, and it has never once bugged out or done anything unexpected.

Until yesterday.

My profuse apologies to the 51 accounts that were suspended for overuse of cron between 4:09 am, and 4:28 am. I suspect at least a few of them did actually exceed the limit of two, but just to be safe I have already unsuspended them all. I have already fixed the automatic cron suspension script, and this shouldn't happen again. Obviously after almost two years of thorough testing it was a bit of a fluke for this to happen.