Wordpress Index Of /

taptap

Host: Stevie.heliohost.org

FTP username: ogkilti2@taptapculture.com

FTP server: ftp.taptapculture.com

FTP & explicit FTPS port: 21

Hey Helionet,

I am trying to install the latest wordpress on this domain (taptapculture.com), but I am recieving this blank index page:

Index of /

Apache/2.2.16 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.16 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_wsgi/3.3 Python/2.7.1 Server at taptapculture.com Port 80

When I try to install wordpress (http://taptapculture...min/install.php), I am met with this "404 Not Found Error":

Not Found

The requested URL /wp-admin/install.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. Apache/2.2.16 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.16 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_wsgi/3.3 Python/2.7.1 Server at taptapculture.com Port 80

In my FTP (FileZilla) the "public_html" folder was missing, so within the root was only a blank folder with a forward slash [ex: Remote Site: / ]. So at first I extracted all the WP files (still in there orginal structure) inside this folder. I got both the "index of" and "404 Not Found" error pages so I created "public_html" myself. Moved public_html into the "forward slash" folder and deleted all the files for a fresh install into "public_html" So for example, wp-admin is located in /public_html/wp-admin.

Although, I am still recieving both issues.

I can access my cpanel via heliohost.org and taptapculture.com/cpanel and I have verified both ns1.heliohost.org & ns2.heliohost.org are setup correctly. Also, "wp-ccnfig.php" is setup with my database name, db username, db password, and db host (localhost). I have placed an index.php and .htaccess up in the root (/public_html, the forward slash being the folder I mentioned above) as well but nothin is working.

Would definitely appreciate any assistance. Thank you

I'm seeing your wordpress files located inside this folder:

/home1/taptap/public_html/ogkilti2/public_html

You should install here:

/home1/taptap/public_html/

To open the public_html directory using Filezilla, set the default remote directory to /public_html

post-3265-0-78797900-1424912882_thumb.png

Ok I see, that makes sence. I have made the change to set the default remote directory to /public_html but I don't see how to open/see the "/public_html" directory expect the one I have created. Is there something else I have to set to view that directory?

Yes, this was exactly the solution. Once you said my files where located in /home1/taptap/ it immediately rang a few bells so after I made the change you recommended in FTP, I realized what may have been the cause. I just had to wait until the WP installation was completed to make sure it worked.

For anyone (using FileZilla) who come across this issue, the solution is really simple and will be in your Cpanel:

1. Login to your cpanel

2. Head over to "FTP accounts"

3. Under "Add FTP Account" there will be input fields.

4. Beside the input labelling "Login": type your desired username (this is where the issue is)

5. Automatically, if you notice beside the "Directory" field is the path - BUT, your username is automatically added at the end of "/public_html"

6. Delete your username and leave it only as /public_html

7. Click "Create FTP Account"

Once in FileZilla, you WON'T actually see /public_html (atleast I didn't) but the forward slash IS the correct /public_html directory. You should notice the username you created underneath this directory if you expand it. If using/installing wordpress, install the files directly into the /public_html root directory. (I deleted my previous FTP account).

Although Bryon, I got everything working and no longer recieve the "index of" and "404 Not Found" error pages, I couldn't complete the installation. Right as it was about to finish installing and finalize everything it displays "Problem Loading Page":

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

Any thoughts?