Most Effective Search Engine

Which search engine is the most effective?  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer google. much more complete than the others..

But should'nt this poll be on the internet forum?

You're wrong. Google sucks, Ask Jeeves sucks, Dogpile sucks, they all suck. Except 4 Yahoo!, A9, and MSN Search. Google only appears complete because it displays every possible link it can find, even if it is just the same website but with every individual one of its pages. Not to mention Google also puts in loads of sites with spyware and adware. A9 on the other hand, features a more intuitive interface and a wirder range of results. And having been in the search engine business a lot less than Google has, Amazon has done a great job.

I use google for simplicity and the fact that it loads the fastest. Next in line would have to be altavista, just cuz its much more flexible.

Google may appear simple, but I voted A9 because it lets you narrow down your results more easily. Also, it loads at about the same speed as Google. But it technically loads faster because when you want to do an image search or something, it doesn't take you to a whole new page, but instead, adds stuff or take stuff away from the existing page.

MSN search? I believe that the MSN search engine is even worse than google................

No, because in addition to having links to the outside, MSN Search puts in some pretty good Microsoft stuff, like Encarta for instance. But I rarely use MSN Search because Yahoo! seems less cluttered than the MSN homepage.

well the Y! ang G one is kinda tight as it is now.

maybe a page with just 1 input box (to search)

and a checkbox form next to all of the above search engines. it will search for what you want inside every search engine checked and bring up a page similar to the Y! and G page.