[Solved] Probelm Creating Addon Domain

chrishaynes

I am trying to create an addon/parked domain for a domain that I wish to transfer to my Heliohost account but I get the following error.

Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver.

I have a catch 22 where I cannot create the domain on my Heliohost account until I update the domain with my registrar but my registrar won't update my domain if the specified DNS's (ns1.heliohost.org and ns2.heliohost.org) are not configured for the domain.

Can Heliohost enable me to create the domain without updating the registrar first? Or help me understand the error message better so that I can carry on with my transfer.

If I delete the domain off the current host's server, will I then be able to create the domain on my Heliohost account?

Thanks.

Chris