Need Help - Outgoing Mail Won't Work On Mac's Mail App

richard1000

Hello,

I hope I posted this in the right forum. I have a problem and it's so frustrating (Latest version of Mac... Yosemite?)... but first....

1)I'm using Helionet hosting first of all for my resume website (I'm a dev). I created a professional email address with it as well. iPhone is pulling every 15min or so from the server. That's okay, right?

Now on to my real questions:

1) Uptime is not 100%.... but it's close on stevie right.... but when it's down and someone sends me an email will I get it in 30 minutes or less or so?

2) My domain is (removed) and my email is (removed)

(Sorry I put those symbols there. I don't want this showing up in a Google Search)

Now I set up my email on my Mac. I can receive emails just fine, but I cannot send. I don't understand, it works perfectly on my iPhone and I'm doing the exact same thing.

(removed images)

I keep on clicking and unclicking 'Allow insecure auth'

and I've already tried using the insecure way as well.

Thank you!

The Mac Mail client has a habit of not working correctly with our server. Download Thunderbird and see if that works. That's what I use at home for my heliohost mail.

Hello, I hope I posted this in the right forum. I have a problem and it's so frustrating (Latest version of Mac... Yosemite?)... but first.... 1)I'm using Helionet hosting first of all for my resume website (I'm a dev). I created a professional email address with it as well. iPhone is pulling every 15min or so from the server. That's okay, right? Now on to my real questions: 1) Uptime is not 100%.... but it's close on stevie right.... but when it's down and someone sends me an email will I get it in 30 minutes or less or so?

Uptime on Stevie is about 99%, so it's rarely down. Delivery when down depends upon how long Stevie is down and how frequently the sending server tries failed deliveries. If the sending server retries it within 30 minutes, then yes. Most servers retry somewhere between 20m - 1h and keep trying for a day or so before giving up. Some poorly configured mail servers (and many websites that send emails like alerts, newsletters, confirmations etc.) will take a while to retry, if they don't just abandon the mail.

Also... I'm not getting my PayPal confirmation email to my new hello@ email? I just tried with a yahoo account and it worked fine...? Also, not saying you guys would but can you guys theoretically read our emails?

The site hasn't gotten the new DNS records yet. When I created an email address, it took nearly 3 days for everything to start working with it.

And yes, in theory the admins could read your email.

I'm honestly not sure. I know it's come up once before on here though. The issue if I remember right is that STARTTLS is not supported properly in mac mail (it either wasn't supported or only on certain ports we don't use) and the solution was using a different mail client. It's a known issue with Mac mail.

The settings detected by thundermail are correct

I can't receive paypal email to a forwarder I have here either (mail just never arrives at the destination gmail account, even in spam, though all other mail is fine).

I'm going to bet either our spam filter is blocking them, or PayPal blocked our server (we do have issues with PayPal phishing sites setting up shop here, so I could see it being possible).