[Solved] Timeout Using Php React (Port Request)

Elko

Hi,

I have a problem getting direct socket connections to work to my gameserver from the Johnny Server using the PHP React library.

It is based on the stream_socket_client(..) method and never quits the loop until the timeout kicks in (25 seconds).

The same code worked with other website hosters. I did a test right now.

Any ideas?

Greetings,

Elko

I'll bet its blocked intentionally. We block all ports that are not standard web hosting ports, both in and outbound. I couldn't get my website to access my minecraft server...it did the same thing, just timed out.

We also don't normally open them for users. Can you change the port your game server is hosted on to something like port 80 or 443 then see if the code on our server can connect to it?

I tried port 80 and 443 on a local testserver. In this case, I do not receive timeouts anymore and the request finishes in at most a few seconds.

However, I do not receive the data (ports are forwarded). The reason for this is probably somewhere on my end because it is the same with other webhosters.

The gameserver is rented from SimRai and you only get a few ports assigned to use. I highly doubt, my application is allowed/ able to use the ports 80 or 443.

I can open a support ticket for that though.

Is there a way to amend this port blocking policy of yours?

Thank you for the reply!

We generally try to avoid opening them for users. I'll escalate this, it's up to Krydos to determine it. We usually recommend you change your port as I already suggested.

I do know a few are open on Stevie, but I only know of 51990 for sure (my website uses it for minecraft status info).

What port do you need open?

Thank you!

I only have one active account. I tried to set up a second one because the confirmation mails did not arrive at my email provider. I had the issue before with a different hoster, and it turnout out that the ip of the mail sender was banned due to spam mails. I assume the ip from helionet or so is also banned. The email provider is 'web.de'. But I received the mail now at my live.com account.

• 2 weeks later...