[Solved] Unable To Connect To Database

eb44345

I have been getting a strange problem with my site.

Here is the error:

Warning: mysqli::mysqli(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user 'eb44345_eb44345'@'johnny.heliohost.org' (using password: YES) in /home/eb44345/public_html/PersonalityTypeQuiz/process_page5STP75.php on line 182

I cannot connect to my database anymore. It worked for months, then I changed nothing and one day it just stopped connecting to the database. No passwords were changed. No code was changed. Just stopped suddenly.

I've tried deleting the entire database, deleting the user account and re-creating it and connecting it to that database, but nothing works. The thing is that it did work for a long time with no errors and suddenly it stopped working one day and hasn't worked since.

Any idea how to fix this?

BTW, the name of the database is eb44345_QuizResults

The database eb44345_QuizResults should now be visible to your root mysql account. You may need to delete, recreate, and reassign permissions to any database users that should have access to the affected database. Let us know if you're still having any issues accessing your data.

I deleted the user account, re-created it, then re-assigned it access rights to the database and I still get the error:

Warning: mysqli::mysqli(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user 'eb44345_eb44345'@'johnny.heliohost.org' (using password: YES) in /home/eb44345/public_html/PersonalityTypeQuiz/process_page5STP75.php on line 182

Not sure why it continues to be unable to connect to the database.

• 2 weeks later...

Still does not work. I tried again deleting the user and re-creating the user, then adding the user to the database, but I still get this error:

Warning: mysqli::mysqli(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user 'eb44345_eb44345'@'johnny.heliohost.org' (using password: YES) in /home/eb44345/public_html/PersonalityTypeQuiz/process_page5STJ75.php on line 182