[Solved] Can't See Uploaded Files

monnef

Hello,

I have uploaded my files via FTP to a directory "/public_html/monnef.tk". When accessing from browser I'm getting a listing of files in directory "/" only with directory "cgi-bin". It seems that there is some serious issue with mapping of directories.

I have changed my DNS records back, I really don't want to have a downtime this long - activation of account took half a day and only lead to a broken state. So far this hosting looks quite bad, slow loading times of owners' pages and forums, not sure how good is actually hosting itself, but it just seem unprofessional.

If you're in Stevie, this is highly abnormal. Did you try placing the files in public_html instead? If monnef.tk is your accounts main domain, the files need to go directly in public_html.

Also, what is your username and main domain?

Slow loading of accounts is normal if you are on Johnny. In fact, Johnny is down frequently from being overloaded, so I personally would not host a production website on that server. The forum server shares hardware with johnny, which is the reason the forum is down so much. Johnny is intended as our experimental server, so he breaks and goes down a lot in exchange for more features and newer software. If you need stability and uptime, we recommend Stevie.

Those domain name directories are created when you add a parked or addon domain. If you had it set up that way and then decided to use it as the main domain instead, removing the addin/parked domain doesn't delete the folder.

I found your account, and since monnef.tk is your main domain, public_html folder will be the right place for your files.