[Solved] Site Down After Stevie Mysql Upgrade.

al1001

My site has been down for couple of weeks now (at least that's when I checked to see if my site is working or not). I get the error " Error establishing a database connection" and can't even get to the Wp-login. I tried all the troubleshooting tips provided in the forum, but still not working.

Someone said my database is deleted somehow. Not sure how that's even possible or it's even true. Requesting administrator's help please. I can provide my info via private message.

Thanks

Check that your database contains expected tables in phpmyadmin. If the tables say "in use", you won't be able to use them and will need to either wait until innodb is fixed, or drop them and reinstall Wordpress (which will delete your content).

The fix for yours should be the same as the fix for his. Both of you have the same issue.

Delete and recreate all your database users. Make sure when you recreate the database user, the password needs to match what's in wp-config.php, and it must be assigned to the correct database with all privileges .

Also verify that your databases actually contain data. Check in PHPMyAdmin, if the tables say "in use" for collation, the only solution is to drop them and rebuild your site from scratch, or wait weeks if not months hoping we restore support for the storage engine they use. If you can't get into PhpMyAdmin, change your cpanel password, log out, then back in and try again.

The "zero size" in cPanel is not an indicator of missing data, but rather is caused by passwords being out of sync, is erroneous, and can be ignored. Changing your cPanel password might help, though mine always show zero despite being filled with data.

• 2 weeks later...