is there a God?

I don't really have anything much to say... It's not that I'm uneducated or what not... It's just that when you believe, when something is seen in the eyes of faith, then it is possible.

I don't have any mathematical formulae or scientific or archaeological facts that may prove the existence of a Supreme Being. But kinda think of it, what I see in everyday life is already proof enough that God does exist.

The Planets, though floating in space, don't clash each other, because of gravity and other forces, YES, but isn't it something larger than life that could think of something so beautifully created and so in order? Oh dear, watch out when the planets collide!

The very fact that we exist, the moment we wake up in the morning, is already something to behold. When we sleep, we literally are dead is some way. Those natural biological processes work out on our bodies, YES, but isn't it really great to be still alive when we get up, and still be able to type something right here in this forum?

I don't mind if some people don't believe in a Supreme Being, for me, the Supreme Being, God Himself. I just pray that they would realize that He has everything in control.

Amen.

• 1 month later...

God, isn't an easy question to answer. The best way to see it is to figure it out for yourself; who god is?, why he is?, does god really work at papa johns? you have to figure all of this out for yourself. I am not saying that god works at papa johns I am just saying whatever your question is find it for yourself; and let me tell you not easy.

• 2 weeks later...

God is unconditional love. Love and respect for ALL humanity. The process of understanding God starts from within. WE can know all the science but what about compassion? Compassion is love and love is from God.

" But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you",

Matthew 5:44 -- New International Version (NIV)

my way of viewing things is science comes close to answeing the works of "reality", ie if the universe was created by a huge explosion, perhaps the causality is another universe's supernova exploding. you gotta eventually realize that a daisychain of explosions and creations has to have some fundamental start at nothing. converting energy and mass is a good explanation for how an explosion can create a universe, but does nothing to explain what caused an explosion to begin with, so at some point science has to give way to blind faith.

if someone said they turned a leaf into an elephant, you can choose to believe them and try to do the same thing (have faith), or you can choose to look for a reason as to how that leaf became an elephant (science). neither will likely get you to the base explanation for how it happened, eventually the scientists will just have to swallow their pride and just say it happened, and the believer will similarly stop trying to become another prophet and just believe that the original was telling the truth and leave it at that.

Yes it sure is an interesting subject. This is my favorite question (Is there a God?) as I experience consciousness. I studied philosophy in college and really enjoyed the subject.

I find myself born into consciousness and I certainly "hope" there is a God and that he listens to my prayers and I try to hear him speak to me. I certainly "hope" there is eternal life after death simultaneously accepting the fact that my physical body will cease to exist some day. I always wonder where my precious deceased family members and friends may be. Just "where are they"? Funny in that I never assumed they are gone forever but I simply and consistently always ask the question to myself, "where are they"?

Can this human train of thought that I dwell in be "an accident or a bye-product" of world with no meaning? a world that simply evolved by accident? A brain that evolved to question it's own existence -all by accident-? a train of thought that asks "why am I here"? to be such a bye-product of a world that exists without a God?

I doubt it.

• 4 weeks later...

One reply to non believers: There is definitely one GOD (The Almighty ALLAH), who has created this whole universe.

Now, who created this laptop, you're typing on? Definitely someone, Either a man or machine. Right? Though, the creation of a laptop or any man made thing is result of Sceince, true. But these things didn't come into being automatically. Someone put it together to make a solid creation.

Like wise, this whole universe including all manking, animals, trees, oceans, mountains, Sun, Moon, all the planets, Stars, Space, light each and everything didn't come into being Automatically without any power. There is a Supreme Power behind all this, The ALMIGHTY ALLAH. This is ALLAH who has created each and everything in the universe including Science as well.

Some people ask, why can't we see ALLAH? ask those, can you see the Sun with naked eye? If not then how can you see the Creator of Sun. Definitely we can't see. We don't have the capability to see.

ALLAH is one and only. HE is the Supreme Power, the Eternal, Absolute. He begetteth not nor is He begotten (Neither HE was born from someone, Nor gave birth to anyone) And there is none like unto HIM (AL-QURAN).

You're more than free to believe in Allah as the Creator and express your thoughts, but do respect others and don't cram it down our throats with so many caps and text formatting. Personally I believe every deity or god is just a mere aspect of one being and none in themselves are -the- Creator, but that's just me.

• 4 weeks later...

One reply to non believers: There is definitely one GOD

Until you can test it or demonstrate it, your god remains as unfalsifiable a concept as the completely undetectable dragon above your head, that is to say, it's a pointless thing to claim exists.

(The Almighty ALLAH), who has created this whole universe.

I don't even contend that the universe necessarily required a cause, much less a creator, nor do I contend that the universe is definately something IN existence, or that existence must be bigger than the universe. in other words, causation is true IN time space, it need not be of time space itself, after all, there was no "before" time any more than there's a "north" of the north pole.

Like wise, this whole universe including all manking, animals, trees, oceans, mountains, Sun, Moon, all the planets, Stars, Space, light each and everything didn't come into being Automatically without any power.

Again, this assumes that the universe "came into being" when the state of "being" maybe limited to the universe, not, as you infer, something greater than it.

as for everything else, they all came into being through reasonably well understood means, none of which required any intent, will or sentient being to do.

There is a Supreme Power behind all this

Yes, but it appears to be nature, not any kind of being or personality.

This is ALLAH who has created each and everything in the universe including Science as well.

I think you'll find Science is a method of study created by people.

Some people ask, why can't we see ALLAH?

I don't. I ask why do you assert something for which you seem entirely unable to substantiate, verify, demonstrate, validate or provide credible evidence for?

What you believe is entirely up to you, but as soon as you start making claims about what is true, you can expect people to be a little critical and skeptical when you say somethings exists but it's supposed existence is conveniently unfalsifiable, again, like the undetectable dragon above your head.

Is there a God I certainly don't know. I have never seen him, I don't have his address or phone number, he hasn't spoken to me, I haven't even seen him or her in my dreams. But I am going to leave a couple of lines here:

1- I know for sure, that whatever that a human being can imagine in his mind, either has the potential to become the truth, or is already somewhere in the Universe in existence.

2- If God, existed and we are his creations, why is he sitting on the bleachers and enjoying the show that we are putting on for him, at the price of having our brothers' blood on our hands.

3- Why???

4- I worshiped him for a couple of years, 18 years, and believe me it was from the deepest parts of my heart, but look at my life and what I have now? I don't have a nice body, I am 22 and only two steps away from death, mathematically young but older than my grandparents in heart, I don't have a job, don't have girlfriend, don't have nothing, and what ever I seem to have can go in no time. But look at all those who believe in the reality of life, and look at their lives.

5- I only know this, that even if I work my back off to the edge of being ripped apart and my guts fall out, my whole life, from morning to late at night, or worship and ask God for his mercy day and night, either way, I won't get a chance to drive a Bugatti Veyron for even a minute.

Don't know, man, I don't know.

Now, you tell me if you know the answer to this question.

• 6 months later...

Yes there is God.

Let me share this verse,

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. - Heb 11:1

Science go mad finding answers for the things they really can't prove, Believing in God makes it real for those who believe and who have faith in Him.

• 2 months later...

I think there is nothing like god. I am studying biology and i studied about evolution too. But true submission on someone help you to simplify life, to do duties and work. Thats why people made the GOD hypothesis just for there one. Its just like a kid believes that his broken tooth collected by the fairy. But we know whats the truth. First we impose the TOOTH FAIRY idea on the kid and after then he starts believing it !

• 1 year later...

There's no actual way to prove God's existence, besides prophecies in the Bible which came true (but you can argue that those are guesses).

There's no actual evidence to prove evolution etc, as that "evidence" can be questioned, and the evidence supporting the evidence can be questioned, etc.

I will post further if someone asks me too but I do not feel like doing more right now :)

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

The theory of God was long disputed before Christianity even was a thing. It was disputed by Epicurus:

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.

Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.

Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?

Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?