is there a God?

Here is the common way to describe the Universe before the Big Bang: Nothing.

In fact, it was so nothing that it didn't even have space. It didn't have Time. What this means is that anything, even if the probability of it happening was so close to zero we never thought it was possible, could keep "trying" forever, because Time, and therefore, time limits, didn't exist. Once a universe had been created with just the right consistency (Remember: an imperfect universe fit to explode would explode very quickly, before anythign could happen), it would by simple, then, to build atoms, molecules, and eventually stars and planets.

Now, the Human Mind:

Cells, are, at their most basic form, rather mechanical in nature. Simply zipping around in a petri dish, they seem like little machines. Most of the chemical processes seem to have been selected at random, and they have in fact been chosen not by a divine hand, but by molecules bouncing around in the early seas of Earth. Once they became more orginized, they grouped together to form large chains, that could defend themselves better as a whole. These clusters of cells did not resemble ordinary animals, but were similar conseptually. Later on, some of the cells began to specialize in movement, and directing the other cells. This configuration began to be far more efficient, and eventually led to Humans.

Have any of you ever met anybody from heaven? I'd gladly believe in it, as long as you can prove it.

I'm curious where you copied and pasted. Some of your post was written very well, and you seem like a good author.

But still, copying from another page is ilegal and immoral. You should never do that on any publication, as you will be shunned by the net community.

Friends.

But back on the Christian subject, you should check out this video, and remember to watch part two http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bB2rt3IKJc...domain%2Eorg%2F

I'm getting ticked off by Christian extremist the at think God will solve everything.

have you ever read the Bible or participated in any Christian activities before? i really hope so because if you haven't, you're really something...hope you're not just copying what other people think...

Yes I have, I used to have a freind who was a die-hard Christian. I attended church activities with him on a fairly regular basis. I even want to a Christian church. When I was young I believed that god made science, this was merely because a heaven sounded good. So yes I have gone to many Christian events, and I didn't feel anything, except my leg did fall a sleep! Any ways my freind and I parted ways many years ago, though we both still believed in Christianity, I chose to also believe in science(logic). And as of a few months ago as I began to do more research on the topic I began to learn that Christianity and science just don't go together.

Yes I have, I used to have a freind who was a die-hard Christian. I attended church activities with him on a fairly regular basis. I even want to a Christian church. When I was young I believed that god made science, this was merely because a heaven sounded good. So yes I have gone to many Christian events, and I didn't feel anything, except my leg did fall a sleep! Any ways my freind and I parted ways many years ago, though we both still believed in Christianity, I chose to also believe in science(logic). And as of a few months ago as I began to do more research on the topic I began to learn that Christianity and science just don't go together.

all right, then i take back what i said...i was just assuming from the way you copied other writers, that you copied other people's thoughts...

what's interesting is when you call science logic, but not religion...yea, religion is based on faith, but it can be logical...you still haven't answered my questions...where did we come from? where did apes come from? where did anything come from? there has to have been a creator, no? it would be illogical to say that everything popped up out of nowhere...don't you agree?

Check out the atom boy section. I have explained a lot there.

P.S. I need to if you believe in evolution, becuase it would be quite pointless to debate if you did. ;)

i responded to your post in the atom boy section...

and have you ever looked into the intelligent design argument?

i don't think it matters if you believe in evolution or not to have a debate...especially this debate...my main argument is that it doesn't matter how life is evolving or how it evolved in the past...there MUST have been someone or something that created what led to everything that is today...

i'd also like to add that this debate could go on forever since neither of us can be disproved...it's just that the theory you're trying to convince me into believing doesn't have a logical beginning...

And yours does?

My beliefs may all not be proven but, and your right they will never be 100%[/b] proven neither will other things. let me give you a list of things can not be proven,

1. [1]Whether or not the sun will rise tomorrow.

[2]Whether our Earth will orbit around the sun tomorrow.

[3]You are human.

[4]Your dad is your dad.

[5]Electricity will travel through metal.

[6]Whether or not we have genes.

We just use deductive reason to prove these.

Deductive reason- is the kind of reasoning in which the conclusion is necessitated by, or reached from, previously known facts (the premises). If the premises are true, the conclusion must be true. This is distinguished from abductive and inductive reasoning, where the premises may predict a high probability of the conclusion, but do not ensure that the conclusion is true. For instance, beginning with the premises "All ice is cold" and "This is ice", you may conclude that "This is cold".

Deductive reasoning is dependent on its premises. That is, a false premise can possibly lead to a false result, and inconclusive premises will also yield an inconclusive conclusion.(wiki)

you're using a browser...wasn't there a programmer who programmed it?

you see a painting...wasn't there a painter who painted it?

you look at your clothing...wasn't there a designer who designed it?

you live in a building...wasn't there an architect who planned it?

you look at the universe........wasn't there a higher being who/that created it?

Good points!

Water rains on the rock, the rock erodes. No one eroded the rock.

A bacteria splits. no one made the new bacteria.

The tides rise and fall. No one makes this happen.

So no [bleeped!] people make things, but some things(like a mountain, or the universe) were not made by anyone.

Now stop beating around the bush and reply to my last post.

Also TELL ME WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN