hey, are you real?

I would say I'm real, but does "realness" only apply that which can be physically observed?

Would it apply to concepts or dreams? Don't they consist of physical processes (chemical and electrical)

that occur in a physical object(a brain)?

Philosophy= 1 question that leads to an infinite # of questions.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm only as real as other people perceive me to be. I'm working with the definition of "real" as "able to affect reality." I don't know what reality is, but my reality is so tied up in other people so often...

I don't know. I find it hard to talk philosophy without relating it to my own experiences, because there's so, so much mystery that I feel like I could never even find the words to question.

• 2 weeks later...

seriously, are you real?

sometimes i have a feeling that i'm the only one in this world and all of you out there are just a part of my imagination.

am i just crazy?

ARE U SERIOUS...???? YES I AM REAL AND YOU ARE PART OF MY IMAGNATION...

LOL... yeh somtimes people feel that way.

like the matrix....take the red pill!!!!!

• 1 month later...

O my God I just was wondering the same thing...lol but then that could be a book lol. Are we here to save man kind or to tear it up like we are doing is my question.. maybe back in the 1500 BC and back they where real but we are now fake do you understand what I'm saying for I dint I'm all confused in that thought.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a fun topic~ I can relate to the feeling of possibly being in a dream world and being the only real person. However, I also feel at times that I'm the figment and someone else is dreaming me up. It's kinda scary but kinda cool. I don't worry though. If I am in a dream or even if I am the dream, I can't change the fact and I may as well live my life normally regardless.