• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think the same thing myself sometimes, but since I don't know the answer and I think it would be impossible to find out, and I mostly enjoy life, I just get on with it and have some fun.

Also, maybe life is a series of nested dreams... have you ever had a dream within a dream? Maybe this whole life is a dream inside a much bigger, more complex reality, and in turn that is a dream inside another even bigger, even more complex reality, and so on.

It could be that I am the only person (or you and I'm just a figment of your imagination) or it could be that you are in a coma and this is all a dream or you could just be asleep right now and having a normal dream, but when you wake up it will be all hazy. Kinda freaky to think about, but somehow, I just don't think it is like that XD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Have you ever had a dream that felt so real that when you woke up you felt as if you were still dreaming? Image if you were unable to wake up from that dream, how then would you be able to tell reality from fiction? If say, one object is erased from a system and the system continues as if nothing happened, how then can the other objects have recolation of the erased object? The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence they say, if you have no evidence to prove we exist does not mean we do not, it doesn't mean we do either, hell, it doesnt mean anything.

I will conclude by saying, my friend, you are not real, neither am i nor anyone else here! We are all infinitely small blips in such an insanelly huge system that our existence is a mathematical impossibility of titanic propotions.

If anyone understood the above, please check into a mental hospital.

-"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

-"Now he has departed from this strange world a little ahead of me. That means nothing. People like us, who believe in physics, know that the distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion."

~ Albert Einstein

I used to have that idea when I was a little kid...Everything was the way it was just for me. I was the only one who truly could think and had feelings. Everything else didn't actually exist... Anyway, I got over that.

I've also had thoughts about how we see. For example, we all can picture the color green in our minds. But what if my picture of green is red to someone else? and blue to another person? They all might think of it as green and nobody would know... I'm not sure I explained that clearly enough for understanding, but it's hard to explain something you don't understand yourself...

I used to have that idea when I was a little kid...Everything was the way it was just for me. I was the only one who truly could think and had feelings. Everything else didn't actually exist... Anyway, I got over that.

I've also had thoughts about how we see. For example, we all can picture the color green in our minds. But what if my picture of green is red to someone else? and blue to another person? They all might think of it as green and nobody would know... I'm not sure I explained that clearly enough for understanding, but it's hard to explain something you don't understand yourself...

lol that second part is true for me, im partially color blind =P