hey atom boy

we're made up of tiny atoms....isn't that crazy?!?

how is it that all the atoms in our body work so well with each other...work so well with each other that it makes us alive!

It brings me to the point i made in another thread, that you can not look at life and think that there is not a higher power in play.

i agree with you on this...there's only so much that can be considered a coincidence...

Do you believe in micro Darwinism- The theory(pretty much a law) were in a pool of genetic chromosomes(traits) those with the greatest factor of reproducing successfully, over a period of, time will become the dominant factor in that pool.

Do you think that we should use all our resources, with no care what-so-ever, because god is going to come and destroy the Earth?

Basically two midgets are more likely to make a midget.

Well if you don't you are RETARDED(I hope you at least believe in Darwinism on a smaller scale).

And just to let you know evolution is just macro Darwinism, and all macro is, is a lot of micro.

Now if you do believe in evolution, then the other matter is abiogenesis. Abiogenesis concerns itself with the origin of life. Evolution concerns itself with development of living organisms. Whether or not life was created, designed or arose naturally, evolution still governs what happens to the living organisms.

As to abiogenesis, there have been several experiments done, to make spontaneous generation sound all the more likely. In the beginning of the formation of Earth the atmosphere contained a plethora of the elements methane and ethane. Studies have proven that when exposing these to chemicals to ultraviolet light( which simulates the conditions on Earth at its beginning) they will form quite complex molecules. Now, we can't prove that it cold form life or even of happened on Earth, we have certainly proven it most likely by observing the moon Titan which has an atmosphere similar to that of our early Earth. When looking at Titans chemical properties you can tell that this process has occurred. Why it is highly unlikely that life exists in Titan due to its frigid temperatures, it could of very well of happened on Earth.

Do you believe in micro Darwinism- The theory(pretty much a law) were in a pool of genetic chromosomes(traits) those with the greatest factor of reproducing successfully, over a period of, time will become the dominant factor in that pool.

Do you think that we should use all our resources, with no care what-so-ever, because god is going to come and destroy the Earth?

Basically two midgets are more likely to make a midget.

Well if you don't you are RETARDED(I hope you at least believe in Darwinism on a smaller scale).

And just to let you know evolution is just macro Darwinism, and all macro is, is a lot of micro.

Now if you do believe in evolution, then the other matter is abiogenesis. Abiogenesis concerns itself with the origin of life. Evolution concerns itself with development of living organisms. Whether or not life was created, designed or arose naturally, evolution still governs what happens to the living organisms.

As to abiogenesis, there have been several experiments done, to make spontaneous generation sound all the more likely. In the beginning of the formation of Earth the atmosphere contained a plethora of the elements methane and ethane. Studies have proven that when exposing these to chemicals to ultraviolet light( which simulates the conditions on Earth at its beginning) they will form quite complex molecules. Now, we can't prove that it cold form life or even of happened on Earth, we have certainly proven it most likely by observing the moon Titan which has an atmosphere similar to that of our early Earth. When looking at Titans chemical properties you can tell that this process has occurred. Why it is highly unlikely that life exists in Titan due to its frigid temperatures, it could of very well of happened on Earth.

i believe there is sufficient evidence that the fittest members of a species have a better chance of surviving than ones that aren't as fit...but even this is micro compared to what i'm trying to explain...

so this brings me to the same question that you still haven't answered...even after i asked you several times..i'll make it more understandable for you since you might not understand what i'm asking...let's say you have a box with absolutely nothing in it...no chemicals, no UV light, no atoms, no air...nothing...now tell me, can something spontaneously generate inside the box?

and...are you saying that people who haven't been exposed to darwinism and its' counter theories enough to believe in one of those schools of thought are retarded? are you saying that retarded people don't believe in darwinism? although you don't seem to make sense most of the time, i will look past it since you are probably just ignorant...you're still a youngster at the age of 16...

I'm fifteen! Anyways what I was saying if you don't believe in genetics you are RETARDED.

let's say you have a box with absolutely nothing in it...no chemicals, no UV light, no atoms, no air...nothing...now tell me, can something spontaneously generate inside the box?

I can not answer that answer, because its not known, but there may of never been a void. I believe the answer to that question is that there never was an empty box with nothing inside it.

the universe was never empty. it has always been and will always be. the same as god is supposed to have always been.

to understand basic infinity just look at common mathematics, pi is a good example of infinity as is 10 divided by 3 (3.33333 recurring). infinity is everywhere. Now answer this question,

let's say you have a box with absolutely nothing in it.. no god, no angels, no spirits...now nothing...now tell me, can something spontaneously generate(such as god) inside the box?

I'm fifteen! Anyways what I was saying if you don't believe in genetics you are RETARDED.

let's say you have a box with absolutely nothing in it...no chemicals, no UV light, no atoms, no air...nothing...now tell me, can something spontaneously generate inside the box?

I can not answer that answer, because its not known, but there may of never been a void. I believe the answer to that question is that there never was an empty box with nothing inside it.

the universe was never empty. it has always been and will always be. the same as god is supposed to have always been.

to understand basic infinity just look at common mathematics, pi is a good example of infinity as is 10 divided by 3 (3.33333 recurring). infinity is everywhere. Now answer this question,

let's say you have a box with absolutely nothing in it.. no god, no angels, no spirits...now nothing...now tell me, can something spontaneously generate(such as god) inside the box?

interesting...what you're saying is that there might not have been a beginning to our universe...but maybe you're not thinking back in time far enough...with all my experiences as a human being, it's extremely difficult for me to believe that something can come from nothing...i'm not saying it's impossible...i'm just saying that it's extremely difficult to believe...

also, maybe i should have gone with "higher power" instead of god, like Richard did...i believe if there was a box with absolutely nothing in it, it would take some higher power to create something in it...it seems almost too obvious that something won't just spontaneously generate inside a totally empty box unless there was some type of intervention...

interesting...what you're saying is that there might not have been a beginning to our universe...but maybe you're not thinking back in time far enough...with all my experiences as a human being, it's extremely difficult for me to believe that something can come from nothing...i'm not saying it's impossible...i'm just saying that it's extremely difficult to believe...

WOW, we agree on something for once. What did god come from? Make sure you "think back far enough."

i believe if there was a box with absolutely nothing in it, it would take some higher power to create something in it

And what is outside our box, and who created that? Did god just appear out of thin nothing?

maybe i should have gone with "higher power" instead of god

So what exactly is your belief?

it seems almost too obvious that something won't just spontaneously generate
outside
a totally empty box

Now answer my question, did God just spontaneously generate?

what i am trying to explain is that there must be some explanation for the creation of our universe...there must have been a beginning...

you should try answering your question yourself...do you think a higher being could spontaneously generate? i know your answer will probably be no, else this debate would be over...so where did it generate from? from "something" or "someone" right? no matter how far back you want to take this, you will always reach that conclusion...that there must have been a higher being, whether or not the higher being was created by another higher being...

don't you forget, your belief only begins at the Big Bang...

hat there must have been a higher being, whether or not the higher being was created by another higher being

So you your not monotheistic, you think their is an infinite amount of gods? What do you believe in? You still have not answered this question.

don't you forget, your belief only begins at the Big Bang

Um, no I believe that that that is a process in the expanding and contracting of our universe ( its proven our universe is expanding and contracting). The big bang is just a reference of the time in which the universe had contracted to an a finite point, and then began rapidly expanding due to a "big bang, hence the name.

P.S. really what are your beliefs, it's really hard to debate against some one when you don't know what you're trying to prove.

hat there must have been a higher being, whether or not the higher being was created by another higher being

So you your not monotheistic, you think their is an infinite amount of gods? What do you believe in? You still have not answered this question.

don't you forget, your belief only begins at the Big Bang

Um, no I believe that that that is a process in the expanding and contracting of our universe ( its proven our universe is expanding and contracting). The big bang is just a reference of the time in which the universe had contracted to an a finite point, and then began rapidly expanding due to a "big bang, hence the name.

P.S. really what are your beliefs, it's really hard to debate against some one when you don't know what you're trying to prove.

god is generally believed to be a higher power, a supreme perfect being, a creator...whatever you want to call it...to me, god is the beginning of all things...

you're right about the Big Bang, but still, it doesn't explain where the finite point or everything from the expansion came from...you're telling me to look further back in time, but i've looked as far back as the beginning...you still seem to be looking at the beginning and turning your head away...

P.S. i believe there must have been a higher power...but as we've both pointed out, neither of us will be able to prove it...

O.K your not a die-hard Christian, that gains you some respect(a lot). :lol:

So you just believe in a god, your not Muslim Jewish, etc.?

you're right about the Big Bang

I know I am! :P :lol:

it doesn't explain where the finite point or everything from the expansion came from

I came from a contracting universe that also came from a big bang, its a cycle, the universe contracts due to gravity until it has so much density that it is contained in a finite point, at this point the nuclear binds can no longer hold together the repulsion of the molecular objects and has a "big bang" that is like a massive supernova( which we have proven) and continues to expand until gravity takes over.

So I believe the universe has always existed instead of some guy who was always here for infinity and just decided to make the universe a few billion years ago.

So in conclusion, my answer is

you're telling me to look further back in time, but i've looked as far back as the beginning...you still seem to be looking at the beginning and turning your head away...

you can try to tell me all the mechanisms and processes of the universe, but that still doesn't do anything for me...i've learned all that plus more in school...what you need to understand is that, logically, everything that happens must have a cause...once you understand that, we can take this debate to a higher level..

p.s. this is fun, ain't it?

everything that happens must have a cause.

I told you these reasons

the universe contracts due to gravity until it has so much density that it is contained in a finite point, at this point the nuclear binds can no longer hold together the repulsion of the molecular objects and has a "big bang" that is like a massive supernova( which we have proven) and continues to expand until gravity takes over.

Now if you are trying to ask me where the when the universe first began, my answer is the same answer as to the your answer to when was god created, it was always there.

p.s. this is fun, ain't it?

Heck yes. :D