[Solved] Yet Another Database Issue

JpTiger

Sorry to ask for this again, not only is it the second time I've had this happen, but it looks from the forums like a ton of people are having the same issue. Catch is, what fixed it last time isn't working this time.

It's pretty simple. I have the domain joelrputnam.com pointed at my heliohost account. If you visit on Firefox you get an error establishing a database connection. So I followed the steps from last time:

1. Log into your cpanel, and change your cpanel password (you can even change it back immediately after if you like)

2. Log into the MyPHPAdmin (cpanel credentials) to make sure it's now working.

3. Go to your MySQL admin panel in cpanel, note down which users have privleges to which databasses. You're going to be deleting and recreating all of these users next, so get their passwords if you can easily do so.

3a. If you're using WordPress and don't know where to find the passwords to the MySQL users, check the root of your WP folder for something called wp-config.php-- it'll have the username and password for that installation.

4. Delete the users, and recreate them exactly using the same passwords and at least the same privileges.

But after all that, while I can now access phpMyAdmin again, I still get "error establishing database connection" when I go to the site, across multiple machines. Any ideas? This time it's my account under jptiger on Stevie instead of the one I have on Johnny referenced in the thread linked above, don't know if that makes a difference...

The database jptiger_jrpwp should now be visible to your root mysql account. You may need to delete, recreate, and reassign permissions to any database users that should have access to the affected database. If phpmyadmin doesn't log in properly or you don't see the database there change your account password and this should sync up the mysql/cpanel passwords. Let us know if you're still having any issues accessing your data.