[Solved] Unable To Connect To Mysql Error. Access Denied.

Slinack

Hi, I've been having some trouble when trying to connect to my page. I get the following error:

An error was encountered

Error: Unable to connect to MySQL and select database. MySQL reported: Access denied for user 'twbrasil_flux333'@'localhost' (using password: YES).

Heliohost user: twbrasil

Domain: www.teeworldsbr.com

It's been like that for a while. Since mysql error were common, I thought it'd go away sometime.

What's worse: I don't remember that password to access phpMyadmin or else. I can only login to my cpanel account.

I appreciate the help, thanks!

Change your cPanel password, then log out and in again to fix phpmyadmin.

Once you can get into phpmyadmin, check that all your databases are there. If any are missing, post their names so I can have them fixed for you. Once the databases are restored, you'll need to delete and recreate the users.

The database twbrasil_flux333 should now be visible to your root mysql account. You may need to delete, recreate, and reassign permissions to any database users that should have access to the affected database. If phpmyadmin doesn't log in properly or you don't see the database there change your account password and this should sync up the mysql/cpanel passwords. Let us know if you're still having any issues accessing your data.

You may need to delete, recreate, and reassign permissions to any database users that should have access to the affected database.

I'm not sure I understand what I am supposed to do.

In my cpanel account, if I go to MySQL Databases there is this "Current Users" field. It shows a single "twbrasil_flux333". Is this the one I should delete and recreate? Would I lose anything in the process?

Sorry for all these questions. Thanks again!

Every user under "current users" will need to be recreated. The password for the new user will be found in your software's configuration file (I don't know where fluxbb stores its database settings, usually there's a config.php or similar-named file that will have the database information in it).

Once you recreate it, you'll need to reassign the user to the database as well (it'll ask for permissions to grant, select "All privileges" if you don't know).