Cloudflare Error 522: Connection Timed Out

Guest Marko30

Guest Marko30

Hi guys.

Website that I have created is connected to CloudFlare and it's returning Error 522: Connection timed out since yesterday. A lot of people complains that they can't open my site and on the bottom of page it says that problem might be on your side because "request was able to connect to your web server, but that the request didn't finish".

Username: marko25

Server: Stevie

Guest Marko30

Yes of course. I've also tried flushing DNS and opening in other browser and nothing helps.

Btw I have one more question. This website uses WordPress and CloudFlare and it's now on HTTPS. If I turn off CloudFlare HTTPS will stop working. Is there any way I can stop using CloudFlare and make redirection from HTTPS to HTTP?

I had a lot of problems that was made by CloudFlare and I want to get rid of it but I can't because everyone is accessing my site with HTTPS. I'd like to turn off CloudFlare and redirect people when they visit HTTPS (when is CloudFlare off, HTTPS shows page not found) to HTTP. How can I do that?

Guest Marko30

I've tried but when I turn off CloudFlare, HTTPS is not working and I can't even access page while on HTTP page loads normally so this .htaccess script can't work.

Guest Marko30

On mobile networks and with CloudFlare disabled works without any problems. People keeps sending me screenshots with Error 522 how my page is not working so I've made decision that I will get rid of CloudFlare, but you can still check firewall. Maybe someone else is having this problem.

However, with CloudFlare disabled I still have problem. I need to redirect people from HTTPS to HTTP because when people go to HTTPS, browsers say that page cannot be opened. .htaccess redirection not working. I've also tried redirection in cPanel but it can only redirect HTTP.

• 1 month later...

Maybe you can change the CloudFlare's NameServers to normal to permanently disable CloudFlare. Can you post the all the dns zone records which are associated with CloudFlare?

Guest Marko30
Maybe you can change the CloudFlare's NameServers to normal to permanently disable CloudFlare. Can you post the all the dns zone records which are associated with CloudFlare?

I have removed CloudFlare completly and now everything works ok. :)