[Solved] Stevie Repeatedly Going Down?

wolstech

Stevie's been up and down all day today. 17 alerts from uptime robot for my domains, and http://heliohost.grd.net.pl/monitor/ is showing abnormal behavior for Stevie as well. Also, it looks like NS1 died around 0830 PST as well, shortly after the first three hour period of instability (which began around 0400).

When I was last able to get into cPanel, his load was through the roof and cPanel's pages were taking minutes each to load.

Can you please look at this Krydos?

• Like 1

Can you please look at this Krydos?

Hope Krydos will fix this ASAP.

Would you like me to ask the attackers nicely to stop?

Stevie was running fine through it all, and actually had ridiculously low load because the network was so congested that he didn't have any pages to serve or any scripts to process. When a gap in the attack would occur all 100,000 or whatever people smashing their refresh button would suddenly come through all at once, and the load would spike up a bit as Stevie finally had something to do.

Also, it looks like NS1 died around 0830 PST as well

Thanks for pointing this out. I hadn't noticed and I'll have ns1 back up asap.

If anyone knows why someone would want to ddos us I'm listening, but that's why these attacks are so stupid. What's the point? What did Heliohost do to upset you? Is it just one website that you don't like? Lack of communication just makes it that much funnier. Whatever.

Trolls thrive on seeing that they have caused people to be upset. The best medicine to combat a troll is to not be upset and just ignore them so they will go bother someone else.