[Mysql] Default Storage Engine

deajakovl

Hello,

Got problems with setting default storage engine to InnoDB on johnny. Is it even possible to make that?

I created 4 tables gave them engine type InnoDB, but when I want to join them with foreign keys I can't do that.

I thought problem was in default storage engine on MySQL server, it is set to MyISAM is there a chance to change that?

Picture is here http://prntscr.com/9zvnsh

Ty for your help.

We changed it to MyISAM intentionally. InnoDB has a past history of being extremely unreliable here.

It crashed a while back (on both servers no less!) and was broken for well over a year. It was actually just fixed a few months ago. It was read-only for everyone, and the mysql server would crash for everyone on the server every time someone tried to edit an InnoDB table. A ton of users had to convert their databases to MyISAM at that point, or have their databases manually restored when the server was fixed. Everyone had to recreate their database users too.

In fact, because of it, I don't even have a single InnoDB table on my account anymore that I can test with! I dropped all of mine when the server was finally capable of doing it without crashing...

• Like 1