[Solved] Account Reset, Different Payment Methods

poorman

Hello dearest Heliohost staff members and users

I need to know if it was possible to make the payment in other currencies or using different methods like bitcoin, cause I sort of don't have other options available to me and I would really like to both pay for Heliohost's wonderful services (I know it is not much at all, I mean the amount that I pay considering what I get) and also have TLS/SSL for my website.

Also, I am trying to get my account to be reset, and I know i have asked this question before, but it seems that registration is halted for Stevie. so if I simply delete my account I will be losing the possibility to have a Johny account. So isn't it really possible for an admin to reset my account?

Thank you all

have a lovely day

We have no way of resetting an account, we just recommend it be deleted and you sign up again. For most "resets", one can usually just remove all their addon/parked domains, remove all their email accounts, drop all of their databases, and delete everything inside public_html (do not delete the public_html folder itself though).

What is your account username? Is there something wrong with the account that makes you think this is necessary?

Also: Stevie registrations open every day at midnight Pacific Time (GMT -8). If you need to delete/re-register a Stevie account, you can delete your account now so it has time to clean itself out (give it at least 24 hours). Then when midnight PST rolls around, sign up again (you can see the status of signups on the monitor here). If you want to use Johnny, you can register any time once 24 hours have passed since deletion. His registrations are open 24/7, though his performance is lacking...

As for payment, since our base service other than the SSL is free, helping out on the forums is a great way to contribute (in fact, that's how I ended up an admin here...I was a regular user like you who just helped out a lot :) ).

For SSL, you do need to pay the $12. Unfortunately we cannot accept payments other than by Paypal because we have to pass the $12 onto our provider to buy the IP address for your SSL service. Our provider does not accept bitcoin, so we cannot accept bitcoin.

Your best bet for SSL would be to use our non-SSL service with a free domain from a provider like freenom, and set up Cloudflare since you can get a secure connection between you and Cloudflare for no cost (the connection between us and Cloudflare will be unsecured).

Unfortunately we cannot accept payments other than by Paypal because we have to pass the $12 onto our provider to buy the IP address for your SSL service. Our provider does not accept bitcoin, so we cannot accept bitcoin.

Thank you so much for your kindest most informative answer. Also I really like to congratulate you on your new position in the community of Helionet.

Since you mentioned that there is a little distance between you and your provider, why can't you yourself accept bitcoin, convert it to a few dollars, and then pay the provider?

Your best bet for SSL would be to use our non-SSL service with a free domain from a provider like freenom, and set up Cloudflare since you can get a secure connection between you and Cloudflare for no cost (the connection between us and Cloudflare will be unsecured).

You can be more than certain that I would most definitely try this.

Thank you.