[Solved] Mysql Database

al1001

Hello Moderator,

My site is down for several months and frankly I don't know how to fix it. Can anyone at least tell me if the database is still there so that I can copy it? Someone told me my database is deleted (because size on the DB shows zero), but I never deleted my database, but I think it has something to do with the upgrade. I was told by the moderator that my site will be working automatically after the upgrade but it is not. My site is westhavenlr.com

Thank you for your help.

Does the database appear in phpmyadmin? Also, what is the name of the database?

When I click on phpmyadmin, it asks me to login with pre-filled userid and password that I use to login to heliohost. Once I click Go, I see blank white web page and it stays there.

I used mysql when I created my site with wordpress template. I see three databases there: realtori_1, realtori_SQL, realtori_wordpress. Al shows zero sizes.

Please change your cPanel password here, then log out and in again: http://stevie.heliohost.org:2082/frontend/x3/passwd/index.html That should fix PHPMyAdmin. Once you can get into phpmyadmin, tell me which databases are listed in there vs. the ones you see in cPanel. I need to know which ones are missing from PhpMyAdmin.

Also, the size of 0.00 in cPanel is normal even for properly functioning databases...the meter's just broken.

When I login to MyPHPAdmin:

Server: Localhost via UNIX socket

Server type: MySQL

Server version: 5.6.21 - MySQL Community Server (GPL)

Protocol version: 10

User: myidxxx@localhost

Server charset: UTF-8 Unicode (utf8)

From Cpanel i see these are listed:

MySQL® Databases

MySQL® Database Wizard

phpMyAdmin

Remote MySQL

PostgreSQL Databases

PostgreSQL Database Wizard

phpPgAdmin

I need the database names, not the server information. In phpmyadmin, they're in the left side or you can click databases up top to see the list (assuming the databases are there). Your database names are realtori_1, realtori_SQL, realtori_wordpress as you listed above. Are all of these showing up in phpmyadmin?

I need to know which ones are not in phpmyadmin so I can have them fixed.

I need the database names, not the server information. In phpmyadmin, they're in the left side or you can click databases up top to see the list (assuming the databases are there). Your database names are realtori_1, realtori_SQL, realtori_wordpress as you listed above. Are all of these showing up in phpmyadmin? I need to know which ones are not in phpmyadmin so I can have them fixed.

None of the databases are there.

The databases listed should now be visible to your root mysql account. You may need to delete, recreate, and reassign permissions to any database users that should have access to the affected databases. If phpmyadmin doesn't log in properly or you don't see the database there change your account password and this should sync up the mysql/cpanel passwords. Let us know if you're still having any issues accessing your data.

The databases listed should now be visible to your root mysql account. You may need to delete, recreate, and reassign permissions to any database users that should have access to the affected databases. If phpmyadmin doesn't log in properly or you don't see the database there change your account password and this should sync up the mysql/cpanel passwords. Let us know if you're still having any issues accessing your data.

I get this error when I change the password to the database users: " Although the system’s database map includes a MySQL user named “realtori_admin”, the MySQL server reported that no user with this name exists. Contact your system administrator."

• 2 weeks later...

Delete the users and recreate them. Then reassign them to your databases.

After several tweaks and watching the video below, I was able to get rid of the "Error connecting to the database" error, but now when I type in my web URL, it takes directly to installing wordpress again even I have an existing site there. Any idea? Under Wp-config.php, it shows $table_prefix = 'wp_'; Also, I do see all my databases under PhpMYAdmin, but when I click on those databases, I don't see any tables or anything (not sure if these databases supposed to be empty). I am still changing my databases from cPanel-MySQL.

http://educhalk.org/blog/error-establishing-a-database-connection-how-to-fix-this-wordpress-error/

If they're empty, then the data is gone. There should be a bunch of tables in them. You didn't drop the databases at any point did you?

No, I did not. I have been having problems with the site since the upgrade. Nothing seems to work.

Are you saying all my files are gone and I have to start from scratch to create the site?