[Answered] Race Condition In Setting Up Name Server

palmsoft

I have a new account on heliohost.org and I want to link it to a website I have bought on do.de . The problem is:

- when I want to set dota-iq.de as "parked domain" in heliohost on my account (palmsoft.heliohost.org), it sais:

"Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver."

- ok, I would like to, but when I try to set up the nameservers "ns1.heliohost.org" and "ns2.heliohost.org" in the backend of my domain registrant (do.de), it sais:

"Error on nameserver" for ns1 and

"Domain not found on nameserver" for ns2

and thus refuses to set these nameservers up.

But somebody has to take the first step.....

Is it possible for the administrators of heliohost to manually add "dota-iq.de" to their nameservers so that I can convince my domain host to accept your nameservers?

thanks alot!

Jürgen Kazmirzak

The standard is for the registrar to not require this. Sometimes you can ask the registrar's support to set the name servers for you (let them know that the host requires it before you can add the domain to the nameservers).

The workaround for making these annoying registrars work with our service is to temporarily make the domain in question the main domain on your heliohost account temporarily (use this script). Palmsoft.heliohost.org will be replaced with dota-iq.de (and palmsoft.heliohost.org will stop working). Once you do this, change the name servers at the registrar and let everything start working. After that, change the main domain back to palmsoft.heliohost.org and let that start working again. Finally, add dota-iq.de as an addon or parked domain in cPanel so both are associated with your account.

The other alternative is to transfer the domain to a normal registrar.