Jonny Sever

ashrafjp

As posted in the news section, http://www.helionet.org/index/topic/23846-2016-06-30/, there is a problem with the hardware.

In order to fix it, an admin will travel to the datacenter as soon as they can.

In the mean time, you can switch to the server Stevie.

You'll need to make a new post in the custom section in order to retrieve your domain name you used on your Johnny account.

• Like 1

To add to what wolstech and tjoene have already said.

Hi, when shall johnny server be online again?

We don't know the answer to that as we don't even know for sure what is wrong with Johnny. We suspect, based on the way he was acting the last few days he was online, that it might be a hard drive failure. Our plan is to try to backup as much data as we can, and replace the failing hard drive, but it might be anything. The entire server might be fried. We won't know until Ashoat gets there.

This month seems to be the third for it being offline.

Johnny went down on on July 1st, so 45 days ago. That's closer to a month and a half. Still a long time though, I agree, but not three months.
  • Like 1

CGI should work fine, I'm assuming perl or Python?

As for the whole-site backup, you cannot just upload it and expect it to restore on its own, however you can upload/restore files and databases yourself using the various files inside it. If you unpack the .tar.gz, there will be a homedir.tar that contains your files, and a mysql folder that contains dumps of your databases. There are also folders for things such as postgres databases and mail forwarder settings that might be useful.

• Like 1

It`s Perl..

One CGI- Perl script and the rest are softaculous installations... I remember that CPanel has a feature for importing from backup file (Import wizard)..However, if this feature is not available here, I`ll search for a step by step tutorial to be able to import them.

Thanks

I remember that CPanel has a feature for importing from backup file (Import wizard)..However, if this feature is not available here

Importing automatically is a security risk because malicious users could edit the backup file and when it gets restored they could give themselves root access etc. The only way cpanel full backup restore should be enabled is if you're the only user on the server.

I`ll search for a step by step tutorial to be able to import them.

You don't need to search for a tutorial. We'd be happy to help. We just need to know what you need help with before we can help you with it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...