[Solved] Can't Access Mysql Databases On Stevie

J.P.Galtry

I know the crash happened some time ago, but I've been putting it off until I had time to deal with it... and now I try, I can't.

The advice is to delete and recreate the database users. Done that.

But I still can't access it through phpmyadmin, and a separate site that was trying to write to the database now comes back with the error (1449)-The user specified as a definer ('jgaltry'@'localhost') does not exist.

This did happen once before, and I never did get it sorted - it took some sort of update on stevie before it came back (I was on the verge of giving up on it completely)

My domain name is galtry.heliohost.org

Have you changed your cPanel password? If not, change it now, then log out and in again. Try accessing it through PhpMyAdmin again after changing the cPanel password. If still no luck, you will need to create a new database and restore a backup into it. We lost all the data stored in InnoDB tables in a second crash back in June, so if the database used InnoDB, this is likely the issue, and the contents are likely gone.

After you get that working, delete all the database users again, recreate them, and reassign them to their databases.

Try this.

1. Go to http://stevie.heliohost.org:2082/frontend/x3/passwd/index.html
  2. Make sure the "Synchronize MySQL Password" is checked.
  3. Change your password.
  4. Log out of cPanel.
  5. Log back into cPanel.
  6. Try opening phpmyadmin http://stevie.heliohost.org:2082/cpsess9718135038/frontend/x3/sql/PhpMyAdmin.html

Let us know if you're still having issues connecting to phpmyadmin.

EDIT: Too slow. :)

Things go from bad to worse - now I can't get in at all. I was dumped back to the login screen, and then told my login is invalid. I tried a password reset, and I'm still getting the same thing - "The login is invalid"

How do I get back in in order to try to change my password?