Are you running Windows Vista?

Van

Are you running Vista?  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had vista but then uninstalled it. First it was really happy to have such a neat interface and theme and especially using the aero theme to switch between windows (thats amazing) and the dreamscene wallpapers. Then when I actually started using the computer for graphic designing via photoshop, my pc became really slow. My computer has 512 ram only and right now I would not be able to use vista (and there are some bugs in it as well). Now I'm using xp again which is fulfilling all my needs (not in the looks though but at least its working quickly).

I would just advise you to get vista in about 6 or 12 months when most of the bugs in it are fixed.

I use Windows XP Professional. Vista looks good, but too many glitches. Linux & Mac are a lot better. Plus Mac is great for graphic designing. That is why I am saving for one :D. I might get Vista if there aren't as many glitches.

So I vote for:

No, I wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole!

Then when I actually started using the computer for graphic designing via photoshop, my pc became really slow. My computer has 512 ram only and right now I would not be able to use vista (and there are some bugs in it as well).

Same with my laptop, I only have 512 megs of ram, however, my laptop is running Vista Basic...

So I don't get to expierence the flashy features of the Ultimate/Standard <_<

But, just as you said, in a few months, I'll upgrade my RAM to 1-2 gig and install full Vista :lol:

I might get Vista if there aren't as many glitches.

Well, I'm hoping in the upcoming months, Vista will be perfect :P

- Van

I think that Apple's Mac is much better than Windows Vista. But the real problem started when I went through a few forums and found out that mac doesn't run on just any pc. It works on apple's computers and laptops only. Is it true? If yes then , I will have to wait till I save enough to get it.

I think that Apple's Mac is much better than Windows Vista. But the real problem started when I went through a few forums and found out that mac doesn't run on just any pc. It works on apple's computers and laptops only. Is it true? If yes then , I will have to wait till I save enough to get it.

I'm not 100% sure if Mac OS can run on any PC.

I think it can though because I remember seeing a friend of mine running Mac OS on a Dell :mellow:

- Van

Mac is made for mac computers and laptops. You cant make mac work on pc, but you can make linux work but there are hundreds of codes and its pretty complicated.

However, with Linux you can modify the interface and completely change the way your computer looks and works so Linux is the best out of every program but it is hard to understand how it works.

Heres a video of Linux vs. Vista:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xC5uEe5OzNQ

That video as cool at the linux 3D part

I'm not 100% sure if Mac OS can run on any PC.

I think it can though because I remember seeing a friend of mine running Mac OS on a Dell :mellow:

- Van

Ok, forget what I said :lol:

It looks like your going to have start saving ;)

- Van

I would like to use Vista, because I need a new computer, but I am holding off for at least 6 months for the bugs in Vista to be fixed. It seems like some people like Vista, while others don't.

I just hope it will be fine to use in like 6 months because it sure looks nice xD.

lol...i have vista and it's pretty great. first the bad things: the aero interface has a huge load on the graphics card, because of transparencies and stuff...and so the battery on my laptop runs out much more quickly...the windows flicker when I resize...

but so far no major problems. the interface is sweet...the flip 3d and etc in my opinion is much better than expose...although i like expose on macs its a pain in the butt to navigate between windows of different programs (feel free to bash me for attacking macs)

- pc's are cheaper (than macs) - I spent less than 1000 on my laptop, which is a dell (yuck) with an intel core 2 duo cpu with around 2.0 (or faster, i forget) cpu, 2gb of ram, windows vista home premium, a 15.4 inch widescreen with a max resolution of 1680x1050 (and only 80gb of hard drive space, however)

my friend, on the other hand, bought an imac with similar specs (except 1gb of ram and 250gb of hard drive) and spent 2500 dollars.

- pc's have many more (cheaper) programs. you might argue that mac's can use programs such as BootCamp, but those...you guessed it, cost more money. and plus they're usually not as fast.

in the end, it really comes down to money. PC's are a great deal cheaper, and mac's may not be worth it. If you have the money though, i'd agree with buying a mac. mac's have better integration and stability.

--------

and back to the thread, you shouldn't upgrade to vista...i've heard from friends that it makes your ocmputer alot slower.

oh and vista also comes with some really nice features, such as ReadyBoost, which i use to convert a flash drive into something inbetween RAM and disk space...not as fast as RAM but faster than accessing the disk. it's claimed to make your computer faster, but it's more noticeable if u have half a gig of RAM than if u have 2 gigs, like me. also, vista comes with meeting space, which is similar to a buffed up version of netmeeting, some cool games (im not joking, they're addicting), a sidebar (which prefer over gogole's), and more.

Yeah, to kind of agree with joe, I'm running Vistat Basic which has a lot of features

left out of it...

And quite honestly, I have yet to run into any bugs or problems...

- Van

I dont like vista because it cant play games :(

What do you mean?

What kind of games are you trying to run, that Vista won't play?

:huh:

- Van

What hes prob trying to say is that Vista doesn't have many games designed for it. New games are coming out for Vista, but not a lot. Most games don't work on it...I don't know y....