[Solved] Problem Setting Up Domain Nameservers

Nimb

Hi there, I just purchased a domain over registro.br and am trying to set ns1.heliohost.org as master and ns2.heliohost.org as slave 1. However, it is throwing me the following errors:

• Master: Unknown Domain
  • Slave 1: Refused Search

How can I fix this?

Thanks for helping! :D

Registro.br has a (non-standard) requirement that we configure the domain first, when we normally require the registrar do it first. Because of this, we don't properly support them.

You must change your main domain to your registro.br domain, then wait for it to set up (usually a few hours is sufficient to get Registro to see it), then change your NS records at Registro, then change your main domain back to something else, then add the registro.br domain you bought as a parked domain, and wait 48 hours.

The proper solution though, is to transfer your domain to a normal registrar. Registro.br is one of only two we know of that has this odd requirement (the other was some tiny company in India if I remember right).

• Like 1

Hi there, I used that page to change the domain, but my cpanel still says: Main Domain cesarmanara.com

The one I requested the change to is: larpfloripa.com.br

I'm on Stevie and the login is nimb

Did I do anything wrong?

Oh, I derped. Sorry. It should be: livefloripa.com.br

I tried to change my main domain again.

@wolstech you mentioned changing the main domain back to the original one, then adding the new one as a parked domain. Can I add the new one as an addon domain instead of parked? (And still keep the ns info okay with registro).

Sure.

You only need to make it your main domain long enough to convince registro.br to let you change its nameservers. Once the nameservers are set to us, it doesn't matter how its attached to your account. Main, parked, and addon are all fine depending on how you plan to use it. As long as it's added somewhere, it'll work.

Awesome, it worked! Registro.br allowed me to change the servers, I changed the main domain back to cesarmanara.com and whois.net already says livefloripa.com.br uses heliohost nameservers.
Everything is looking good, thank you very much for the help :)