[Solved] Suspended Account?

petervaien

server: Stevie

server Stevie is currently down - has been up and down for a few days now
the repeated crashes of server Stevie are still under active investigation
currently there is no estimate for when this will be resolved
see the News forum for more information --> [ http://www.helionet.org/index/forum/1-news/ ]
see the Customer Service forum for posts about Stevie --> [ http://www.helionet.org/index/forum/45-customer-service/ ]
  • Like 1

The server crashed: http://www.helionet.org/index/topic/26726-stevie-didnt-boot/ We got 6 years of near-flawless service from Stevie, then he up and crashed with zero warning :( I lost my account too...had to move to Tommy and restore a month-old backup...

You need to move to Johnny or Tommy. Johnny signups open at midnight UTC daily and fill quickly (like Stevie used to). Tommy is by invite only. You can donate to get one (as little as $1 will get you one), or just hope you get one of the randomly distributed free ones.

If you want to reuse your username and domain, please let us know and we can remove them for you. Also, since your forum username is the same as your hosting account username, we will need to rename your forum account if you want to reuse your username on the new server.

EDIT: bdistler posted while I was writing my reply. His links are the best places to look for more details. :)

Hi

I've just created a new account (mail: betnbitATgmail.com) and just sent a Donation with paypal for my NEW user betnbit ; donation text:

"Donation to get an account on Tommy server. User: betnbit. Please give me an invite to get an account , thanks."

Please can you send an invite to betnbit user to access Tommy server?

If possible need also to transfer all website data from petervaien (betnbit) to the newest betnbit

Thank you very much.

betnbit user (old: petervaien)

I don't see a donation from that email address. Did you get your invite? Keep in mind that the invites go out to the email address that the donation was made from. If you need the invite to go to a different email address post the transaction ID of your donation or I can send an email to the donor address.

sorry it was by my default email address (vian.pietroATgm.....com) . I received an invite, clicking on it it goes to a heliohost site telling "upgrade from 500mb to 1000mb", then blank page at url "https://www.heliohost.org/validate/done/" . So what should I do now? with which user can I access to tommy? thank you

PS: I cannot enter with vian.pietroATgmail.com user, even after changing password...please choose a user for me and enable him to Tommy server thanks

Thanks it works now.

But...I had my Postgresql 9.2 database ("betnbit_p") on Stevie.heliohost.org, do you really think it's lost? Is there a way to restore it and load into Tommy server ?

Or at least all DDL ?

I have also a backup of august if you cannot find any more recent backup...please can you tell me how I could restore?

Thanks!

We have no reason to believe that the data on Stevie hard drives is gone. He's just refusing to boot up. So once we get him functional there is a good possibility that your data will be recoverable, but we don't know how long that will take. The easiest way to restore a database backup is through phppgsql. Just upload your .sql file and process it into your new database.

Thank you Krydos, very pleased to hear that so many years of personal work probably have not been lost :)

It's not a matter of waiting time for data restore, please let me just know in this thread whan I can backup the postgresql DB from stevie (to later restore into tommy's newest DB).

Thank you again!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I'm trying to connect my new PostgreSQL database in TOMMY Server (createdd by cpanel). Wanna later try to restore my previous db located in stevie server (still waiting to know if it will be completely restored..)

Please give me the information about db connection to Tommy PGSql db: host? port? (i know my db and user, already created)

I tried with these but no connection available:

Host: tommy.heliohost.org

Port: 5432

Thanks