[Solved] Jhonny Server

parcela2

I am very worried with the Johnny server's situation because inside i have the only copy of my website and the PostgreSQL database and it is not possible to access and recover my files.
Anybody talks about Jhonny server but i think that is very important.

What happen?
Please, let me some information of the cause.

Johnny's hard disk failed. If you don't have a backup, you will need to start over. :( Old Johnny backups were offered for several months via FTP, then we removed all the data, rebuilt the server, and allowed new accounts, only for the hard disk to die 2 weeks later. Backups from the rebuilt "New Johnny" are not available at all (hard disk failure).

When the server is fixed in a month or so, it will not contain any of the original accounts or data.

You will need to sign up on Tommy if you wish to continue hosting with us in the meantime. Registration opens at midnight UTC and fills quickly. If you don't want to wait and hope you get an account, you can donate $1 or more and get an invite that works even when the server is full for the day.

Johnny's hard disk failed. If you don't have a backup, you will need to start over. :(

Yes, you will have to.

I will suggest you to migrate to tommy due to some good reasons.

The main benefit is the significantly better uptime. Johnny is meant for experimental websites and has more functionality, however it comes at the expense of stability.

Tommy on the other hand is meant more for production sites...he:

• Has much better uptime and performance
  • Lives on much newer hardware
  • Has tighter resource control; sites get suspended for load more easily to help keep that awesome uptime.
  • Has a slightly older version of cPanel (58 vs 60)
  • Multiple versions of PHP available (5.4, 5.5, 5.6, 7.0, and 7.1)
  • Does not support Django.
  • Does not support Rails.

I suggest you to donate some amount to the Heliohost to get an invite.

Once you get the invite, you can directly signup for tommy without waiting. However, without donating, you have to wait, probably for days.

Personally, I would suggest you to start up with tommy to recover your loss as early as possible.

more at: http://www.helionet.org/index/topic/27053-from-johnny-to-tommy-difference/?hl=giteshss&do=findComment&comment=124102

• 3 weeks later...

Johnny's hard disk failed. If you don't have a backup, you will need to start over. :(

Yes, you will have to.

I will suggest you to migrate to tommy due to some good reasons.

The main benefit is the significantly better uptime. Johnny is meant for experimental websites and has more functionality, however it comes at the expense of stability.

Tommy on the other hand is meant more for production sites...he:

• Has much better uptime and performance
  • Lives on much newer hardware
  • Has tighter resource control; sites get suspended for load more easily to help keep that awesome uptime.
  • Has a slightly older version of cPanel (58 vs 60)
  • Multiple versions of PHP available (5.4, 5.5, 5.6, 7.0, and 7.1)
  • Does not support Django.
  • Does not support Rails.

I suggest you to donate some amount to the Heliohost to get an invite.

Once you get the invite, you can directly signup for tommy without waiting. However, without donating, you have to wait, probably for days.

Personally, I would suggest you to start up with tommy to recover your loss as early as possible.

more at: http://www.helionet.org/index/topic/27053-from-johnny-to-tommy-difference/?hl=giteshss&do=findComment&comment=124102

It's a shame that ASP.net is not supported, but thanks to PostrgreSQL's support it's worth it.

The bad thing is to have lost all the files and the base but it is a free host and it is normal.

It is the best free host I have ever tried.

Thanks to all.

Thanks @

Thanks Krydos, but when i try to render an aspx website i received an error 503.

https://www.laparcela.tk/aspa/index.aspx

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Additionally, a 503 Service Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

But, why if i have ASP.net installed?

Thanks for that quick answer. No i don't change the domain, i use laparcela.tk when i asked for it.

BUT check on one thing, I have SSL for my domain. I get a COMODO certificate for HTTPS access

I use a .htaccess to redirect inmediatly any request from a normal http (unsecure) site.

Maybe it could be because of this?

I think that the change of domain was the first time that i created the account because i can't use my domain: laparcela.tk and the register forum give me a lprcela.heliohost.org but that was just create the account.

That would do it. Try renaming your .htaccess so it won't redirect, then accessing your site over plain HTTP...it'll probably work.

I'm pretty sure it has to be installed for the secure and insecure version of your domain individually, so he probably needs to redo it for the SSL version of your domain.