[Solved] Account F*d Up

roavia1

Hello,

Created an account and it is all F*d up please help.

1. I started the account using my gmail address.

2. Tommy was *always* full, So I made a $10 donation using paypal (mistake #2)

3. Didn't get an invite, went hunting and found the invite on the email attached to my paypal account (derp!)

4. Setup account and somehow Proavia1 became roavia1 (derp! derp! mistake #4?)

5. Password got F*d up too.

6. Finally got password reset. Got to "Heliohost Tools" and tried to change email from paypal back to gmail.com and got the "That email address is already in use." error.

7. Anyways. It feels like there is just too much to correct and fix. Could you please delete everything to do with my hotmail account and send an activation to my gmail address?

8. This account will eventually be my "new" proaviator.com site. Was on Johnny for many buku years, it died. switched to Stevie, few month later it died. Now trying Tommy. So proaviator.com may need to be released too so I can add it when this mess is sorted out.

Thanks Jim.

NOTE: This is a cross post from Contact HelioNet as I don't know where to go for help on this.

The best solution here is likely for Krydos to resend the invite to your gmail account and delete the roavia1 account. What is the gmail address the invite should be sent to (PM if you wish, or we can edit it out of the post once he sends it)?

@roavia1, which browser did you use to create your account if you don't mind my asking? There is javascript on the username page that should convert capital letters to lowercase automatically, but if it isn't working properly or deleting letters it would be good to get it fixed.

Invite sent to the gmail address.

There is javascript on the username page that should convert capital letters to lowercase automatically, but if it isn't working properly or deleting letters it would be good to get it fixed.

Would it be possible to just strtolower() the submitted username on the backend instead of having client-side code do it? That way it's browser independent.

The reason I choose javascript is because the user can see that his username is in all lowercase as they type it. The php code also then uses strtolower() to convert if the javascript doesn't do it's job. I guess the problem is if a capital letter slips through both of those lines of defense the next php code just discards everything that isn't [a-z0-9] including accented characters and capital letters, and various letters in languages other than English. This is required because people could examine the source, and create a custom form post to the next page with whatever gibberish in the fields that they want. I suppose I could change it to strtolower([a-zA-Z0-9]) but that seemed redundant when I was writing it, but we've had several people lose characters on their username now.

@roavia1: For #4, did you capitalize the first letter of your username by chance (the P that got lost)?

I probably did.

I did get the new invite on my gmail address. thank you. The same error happened again, but I caught it on the next page. I could not use the "back" button, so I exited and clicked the link from my email to try again and it worked.

I'm using the latest chrome browser. Version 56.0.2924.76 beta

My account is setup, domain added, and pages uploaded, thanks!

on a side note i can't log in to these forums using my new "proavia1" accout. so used the old. I'll deal with that later ^^

The reason I choose javascript is because the user can see that his username is in all lowercase as they type it. The php code also then uses strtolower() to convert if the javascript doesn't do it's job. I guess the problem is if a capital letter slips through both of those lines of defense the next php code just discards everything that isn't [a-z0-9] including accented characters and capital letters, and various letters in languages other than English. This is required because people could examine the source, and create a custom form post to the next page with whatever gibberish in the fields that they want. I suppose I could change it to strtolower([a-zA-Z0-9]) but that seemed redundant when I was writing it, but we've had several people lose characters on their username now.

I would guess my screw up here is that the capitol P was deleted as I typed it, and since I touch type, It never occurred for me to check for the deleted characters.

on a side note i can't log in to these forums using my new "proavia1" accout. so used the old. I'll deal with that later ^^

It's because the account "Proaviator" already exists with your gmail address. Do you want me to add the p to the roavia1 account (I can just rename it)?

@roavia1, which browser did you use to create your account if you don't mind my asking? There is javascript on the username page that should convert capital letters to lowercase automatically, but if it isn't working properly or deleting letters it would be good to get it fixed.

Invite sent to the gmail address.

When I created my account, my domain missed the first letter also, I had to ask for a domain name change. I probably typed a capital letter.